Thread: TSRE not working for me

Default TSRE not working for me

When i click on a route in TSRE the editor crashes. I'm using the 32bit version on a 32 bit machine. Is there any way to correct this?

When i click on a route in TSRE
    Look in the TSRE log (it's in the TSRE folder as a log.txt file) and although there's Polish notation a clever person should be able to garner some clues as to the cause of your problem.

The route has to be in a folder with these required four folders: \ROUTES, \SOUND, \TRAINS & \GLOBAL
    The route itself of course would be in the ROUTES folder.
    Umm . . . Caps above don't mean I'm shouting! Just putting them as they are in an MSTS installation.

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 04-16-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: to clarify folder structure
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This is what my log said:
    [I] workingDir "C:/Users/user/Desktop/TSRE5"
    [I] "settings.txt"
    [I] devicePixelRatio 1
    [E] libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    [E] setGeometry: Unable to set geometry 15x13+400+190 on QWidgetWindow/'QLabelClassWindow'. Resulting geometry: 120x13+400+190 (frame: 8, 31, 8, 8, custom margin: 0, 0, 0, 0, minimum size: 0x0, maximum size: 16777215x16777215).
    [I] #Templates - undefined token: "version"
    [E] setGeometry: Unable to set geometry 15x13+400+190 on QWidgetWindow/'QLabelClassWindow'. Resulting geometry: 120x13+400+190 (frame: 8, 31, 8, 8, custom margin: 0, 0, 0, 0, minimum size: 0x0, maximum size: 16777215x16777215).
    [E] libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    [I] "cerecent.txt"
    [I] ok
    [I] "UP_Kenosha"
    [I] # Load Route
    [I] # TRK file: "C:/msts/routes/UP_Kenosha/UP_Kenosha.trk"

If you can get the route to load in OR the OR logfile might have more information.

Randy

Route does not load as the OP stated: "Crashes when select route."

Logfile . . . Nothing jumps out at me from the log as I get basically the same things listed.
    Possibly something wrong in the trk file?
    The trk file line for me looks like this:
    [I] # TRK file: "E:\\Train Simulator-PRR/routes/PRR_EAST_REG-2/PRR_EAST_REG-2.trk"

Your log may indicate a problem in the trk. file.
    A shot in the blind here: Is the routename inside the file the same as the filename? I seem to remember I had a problem with this a while ago.
    Inside my trk file:
    Tr_RouteFile (
    RouteID ( PRR_EAST_REG-2 )
    Name ( PRR_EAST_REG-2 )

It is case sensitive as I recall.

We may need Goku on this one.

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 04-16-2020 at 11:59 PM.

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

Routes work fine in OR. It's TSRE where im having the issues.

Yes. Didn't you read my last post?
    Logfile . . . Nothing jumps out at me from the log as I get basically the same things listed.
    Possibly something wrong in the trk file?
    I'm again pointing to the fact that TSRE seems to crash when opening the trk file. But then I already said that!

regards,