Thread: Installing software

Question Installing software

Hi,

I am having a bit of trouble installing trains and routes - I have installed around eight trains and four routes but they don't show up on the selection list in the sim.
    Most of the files had installers and I just followed the steps, and select the open rails root folder.
    Every time it says it has installed without issues but it doesn't load in sim.
    When I look in folders such as openrails/TRAINS/TRAINSETS , I see the folders of the content I have installed.

I did manage to get one train to install (ctkopv22.zip on trainsim.com) but i can't get it to start moving.
    I released the dynamic brakes, engine brakes, train brakes, put the reverser forward and opened the throttle and nothing.

I would appreciate some help!
    Thanks.

Can we start with the install location?
    Cheers
    Derek

All routes and trainsets MUST be installed outside of the Open Rails folder structure. If within the OR folders they will get deleted when you update OR. Make a new root folder and name it whatever you like, then move the Global, Routes, Sound and Trains folders into the new root folder. Then you can add this new content into Open Rails by using the Content tab in Options. Once that is done you can select route and activity using the drop down selectors.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    All routes and trainsets MUST be installed outside of the Open Rails folder structure. If within the OR folders they will get deleted when you update OR. Make a new root folder and name it whatever you like, then move the Global, Routes, Sound and Trains folders into the new root folder. Then you can add this new content into Open Rails by using the Content tab in Options. Once that is done you can select route and activity using the drop down selectors.
    OK, thanks for the help! I will see if that fixes it.