Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Train editor preview video

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Oh noooooooooo not the Heavy Coal route.
    Shuddup!!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Hahahahahahaha, where has 19 years gone Bruce.

You introduced me to BVE and your Heavy Coal route.

Then told me about the Trainz forum, which i joined in June 2001.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Hahahahahahaha, where has 19 years gone Bruce....
    I know, Mike - it's bloody frightening when each year seems to get shorter as we get older.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lapioware View Post
    Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys! It seems improving the route editor and signalling to enable more realistic routes and traffic is a high priority for the folks here (been receiving similar feedback through other channels too).

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. I still remember the indicator and smiley face of one of the old BVE versions.

Speaking of BVE and the classic routes made for it, I wrote a loader for BVE routes and trains during the early stages of the project, but focused on more important things afterwards. I'm planning to release the loader as an update at some point, so BVE routes will eventually be drivable in DRS (but trains won't be because the plugins turned out to be too difficult to support).
    That would be great! I have used the HMMSIM on the tablet which can run BVE routes, but it won't run anything created for OpenBVE and sometimes not all the objects would render.

Of course, to run some of the longer routes like Edinburgh to Aberdeen a save game feature would be pretty much essential.
    Vern.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    So I can load in my Heavy Coal route? Will it work on a Windows 10 system?
    Yes, I believe so! It's in .rw format isn't it? It needs to be converted into .csv first because I'm reusing the parsing code from the last BRR version which supported .csv only.

I know, Mike - it's bloody frightening when each year seems to get shorter as we get older.
    Ain't that the truth Bruce. Days just fly by for me as well.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by Lapioware View Post
    Yes, I believe so! It's in .rw format isn't it? It needs to be converted into .csv .....
    Yep, it was done as an .rw file. I think Barney, of Crotrains, did a .csv conversion.....not sure as it was so long ago and Barney is no longer with us.

But it would be interesting (for me!) to dredge up that old route and see it operating under DRS.

Yep, it was done as an .rw file. I think Barney, of Crotrains, did a .csv conversion.....not sure as it was so long ago and Barney is no longer with us.

But it would be interesting (for me!) to dredge up that old route and see it operating under DRS.
    It certainly would. I wonder if the little "surprise" in the tunnel towards the end would generate?!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ....I wonder if the little "surprise" in the tunnel towards the end would generate?!

Yeah.....you've got me wondering about that now, Vern.

10. Default

One of the old BRR versions can be used for the conversion if I recall correctly how it works. Anyway it'll be a while before I get a chance to work on this BVE support stuff.