Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southern railroad in the 1980s

The Southern sets were good ones. I have all of them. He made the first set in part based on a suggestion from me.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Quote Originally Posted by sburr View Post
    The Southern sets were good ones. I have all of them. He made the first set in part based on a suggestion from me.
    I concur Steve. I love Paul's Hi-Hood SRR SD45's. They are among the best units I ever ran.
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by trainman_47 View Post
    That's because I pay someone who is very good at what they do to build what I need providing they have the time. If I had waited around on the vendors, I would have given up years ago!
    So you are paying someone to do repaints of Trainsimulations/SLI models? Seems like that money should be going straight to TS/SLI considering the fact.
    Plus, one shot shows some of Paul's old work, so I am a bit lost on how someone else did those?

Seems pretty fishy to me..
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Yes, how cool to admit someone is out there making money off of derivative works. I guess when more vendors turn into clubhouses, we know where to dispatch the angry pitchfork brigade.

Sounds cool to me obviously he getting done what he wants by someone willing to help for some cash hell I would do it to if I knew who his friend was cause ain't no one doing anything around here from the kindness in there hearts rarely do you see anything come of items wanted request usually you get told to do it yourself well in a way he is lol so why all the fuss.

And before everyone gets there britches in a bunch I'm not saying it's okay to give payware to someone and have them do stuff for you I'm saying if he wants to pay someone to repaint or renumber stuff for him and he isn't doing anything illegal good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by chilla View Post
    And before everyone gets there britches in a bunch I'm not saying it's okay to give payware to someone and have them do stuff for you I'm saying if he wants to pay someone to repaint or renumber stuff for him and he isn't doing anything illegal good for him.
    Paying someone for doing work, on payware items, and sending such items, is not okay and I'm pretty sure, is illegal. I'm sure TrainSimulations and others have something to say for it.

For the record, him, and many others, are the biggest reason a lot of people left and don't publicly release their items.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

I get what you saying shawn what I'm saying is if he giving his friend money to repaint stuff or build stuff for him and they both have the payware product from that site that allows there stuff to be repainted which train simulations does I think than him paying the guy for his time and work is up to him.Unless there is a policy they have against people paying someone to do different paint jobs,renumbers and so on because they cant or dont know how.

He contacted me via PM about my Fowler SD45s, offered to make it worth my while if I traded with him. Turned it down.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Quote Originally Posted by chilla View Post
    Sounds cool to me obviously he getting done what he wants by someone willing to help for some cash hell I would do it to if I knew who his friend was cause ain't no one doing anything around here from the kindness in there hearts rarely do you see anything come of items wanted request usually you get told to do it yourself well in a way he is lol so why all the fuss.
    First off I am still doing trains I had my bout of corvo and it WAS NOT fun or exciting. I had zero strenght to do anything. People are doing and making content I can't speak for them but for me I will not release something I am NOT happy or pleased with. I want to try and gert as close as I can to the orginal. My NYC GP35 are nearly done there are 2 NYC and 2 PC Non dyanmic braked versions. After that I need to finish the Milwakee F units and the NJC F units. I'm just 1 person and I am working as best I can.