Thread: DEMEX 64 bit Installer?

Default DEMEX 64 bit Installer?

Was there a 64 bit installer for DEMEX some time back?

If so, does anyone remember the name of it?

Searching the File Library using "demex" or "64bit", etc, has produced nada.

Basically I need to install my registered DEMEX into a Win7 Pro 64 bit OS.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Not sure if that is the one you are looking for and here is below:

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=30607

John

Yes, I think that's it. Thank you very much.

It's been so long since I've had to install DEMEX onto a Win7 Pro 64bit machine I've totally forgotten how.

I "think" that I have to copy a working installation of DEMEX from a 16bit installation machine onto the Win7 machine and then place the 64bit exe inside the DEMEX folder? Does that sound right?

Hi Andre,
    I uploaded that file to the library
    No, sorry, you're not right! There's no such thing as a "64bit exe" file - if you follow my readme, I think it should be clear - if not, please come back. To use all the functions of DEMEX, you need to have a key.

Cheers,
    Ged

Thanks Ged.

Hi Ged!

First off, thanks for uploading the file.

Yes, I have a key. I originally purchased DEMEX way back shortly after getting into MSTS. (2002 I think?) I have version 1.51 as well as the Beta 02 version. I would not mess with installing DEMEX onto this Win7 64 bit machine except for the fact that the DEM the USGS is putting out now is too large for my XP machine.

Today is going to be a day of "social distancing" aboard our (wife and I) dual sport motorcycles up in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas. However, tonight I will tackle the process of installation.

Hi, Andre

I purchased DEMEX also many years ago and had a key. I need to move it to another system and a search for a key has not turned one up. Is there anyone around who might have the records to obtain a key? I have the last software version and a registry snippet, but somewhat reluctant to run it on regedit with a new system.

Regards,
    Hank Sundermeyer
    Newark, DE

Andre,

The geotiff files that USGS puts out now, will not work on DEMEX. What we have found is that you
    can use VTBuilder to massage them. Run VTBuilder as administrator, otherwise it will process the
    files but not produce viable results. After running as administrator, import the USGS files as
    elelvation data and then after they load (one at a time) export them as the same thing, GeoTiff.
    I just remove the front end characters of the file name which will all be the same. Then, if you have
    run it as administrator, you should get a DEMEX compatible file. The issue is that the new files are
    "tiled" while the ones VTBuilder produces are not.