Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Pacific Shasta Route - Development Thread

Wow Sean! This route looks like it will be just as if not more amazing than Mullan Pass!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

WOW! Looks absolutely fantastic. Keep up the great work. Any idea when it might be released? No hurry, just curious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Richard Rasmussen
    The Locomotive Paintshop
    http://tlptrainsim.proboards.com/index.cgi

I am impressed.... Nice job there!!
    Dave Edwards

Superlative example of route construction! Beautiful. I'm familiar with the terrain up there...hiked it in my youth.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thank you all

Austin - The goal is definitely to meet or exceed Mullan's scenery quality. I am trying to focus on aspects that I personally feel were weaknesses in Mullan and improve on those this time around.

Richard - No expected release timeline for now. There are still dozens of miles with no scenery yet. May not even be in 2021 if my day job keeps being crazy busy as it has been lately. I've learned my lesson before about being too ambitious with claiming when my routes will get done lol.

Gerry - I've also spent a lot of time hiking up in this country, such a great area to explore and go camping away from the "yahoos" further south in California
    Last edited by PerryPlatypus; 01-03-2021 at 04:44 PM.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/mullanpass

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
    Thank you all

Austin - The goal is definitely to meet or exceed Mullan's scenery quality. I am trying to focus on aspects that I personally feel were weaknesses in Mullan and improve on those this time around.

Richard - No expected release timeline for now. There are still dozens of miles with no scenery yet. May not even be in 2021 if my day job keeps being crazy busy as it has been lately. I've learned my lesson before about being too ambitious with claiming when my routes will get done lol.

Gerry - I've also spent a lot of time hiking up in this country, such a great area to explore and go camping away from the "yahoos" further south in California
    Understand completely, I definitely am looking forward to this route. Take your time. I know how life can get in the way. My only wish is that I could be half as talented as many of the great route builders like yourself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Richard Rasmussen
    The Locomotive Paintshop
    http://tlptrainsim.proboards.com/index.cgi

Great job here!

Hi Guys,
    This is such a beautiful route. I am really impressed at the work you did to create this. There is certainly a lot of stuff going on between Black Butte and Ashland let alone all the way to Eugene. Good job. I remember many trips between Black Butte and Ashland on a 5 unit SD9 helper back in the day 70s and 80s before UP took over. Keep up the good work. I have been following he development of this route since you started it a few years back.
    Tim L

Beautiful work Sean, looking forward for this new route from you, may I ask a photo next time with blue sunny skies ? It's always seens to be ash sky. And a question, are you also working on the project ''UP La Grande Subdivision (Blue Mountains)'' from TrainSimulations ? Good day

Thanks again all!

Tim - Very cool, glad to hear someone who has worked the territory is impressed with the route thus far! Just in case it isn't clear - my route covers Dunsmuir to Black Butte to Klamath Falls. It does not include any of the Siskiyou line from Black Butte to Ashland (except for the first mile or so from the junction at Black Butte).

Kist - Thanks, I really do wish Open Rails had better cloud options - like the ability to change from a drop down list what type of cloud cover you want rather than having to overwrite the sky files in order to change clouds.

Chris Nelson is the one doing the work on the La Grande Sub route. I am merely acting as his "advisor" in a way, providing him with lots of reference material, tree species info, etc. since I am familiar with that area (I live about a 4 hour drive away). The La Grande Sub is still very early in development, so we don't have any kind of timeline for completion.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/mullanpass