Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NEC in progress

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    Quick Update:

I am coming up to the sections between Newark Penn and NYP. Track building will be done in very small chunks from here on. Once NYP is done, I'll begin adding 3 miles of track and 1 train yard a day starting from D.C. (please expect a lot of procrastination on this).

Here is Newark Liberty (EWR) station. Combination of both shape type found in the Library, turned out quite good though a bit wonky:
    Attachment 79293
    What scenery objects are you using? Please do NOT use any payware shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainMaster8010 View Post
    What scenery objects are you using? Please do NOT use any payware shapes.
    None are payware. Going to see if I can borrow some shapes from existing routes with the authors permission later down the line. Some routes have good models, but I'd rather ask the owners privately.

Quick Update: Newark finished and Secaucus Junction is near ready

This is the fourth Secaucus Junction I have done. To be honest, the track work is better than before. I managed to use longer angled track pieces and dynamic track with more effect this time around. NYP work begins on Sunday at the latest.
    Have a peak:
    TSRE5_v0.698.1 2020-05-14 23-20-36-996.jpg
    TSRE5_v0.698.1 2020-05-13 19-58-40-912.jpg

Small update:
    Redoing Newark Penn. Track spacing is dead wrong. Starting from scratch.

Thanks for your updates. It sure is a lot of work starting all over again. I once wrote a complete review for a sports betting site which took 1 working day and I forgot to save it. Then my PC crashed I had to do everything again. So keep up the good work
    I wrote a complete review for the UK horse racing betting site Coral. You can check it out on horsebetting.com if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    Small update:
    Redoing Newark Penn. Track spacing is dead wrong. Starting from scratch.
    Remember to back up! Heck, I've learned this the hard way. Now you know why I've got one more excuse to switch from MSTS to TRAINZ.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainMaster8010 View Post
    Remember to back up! Heck, I've learned this the hard way. Now you know why I've got one more excuse to switch from MSTS to TRAINZ.
    Tell me about it... With the amount of dynamic track being used I save quite frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraen View Post
    Thanks for your updates. It sure is a lot of work starting all over again. I once wrote a complete review for a sports betting site which took 1 working day and I forgot to save it. Then my PC crashed I had to do everything again. So keep up the good work
    Not a problem, unfortunately I burned myself out (again >:O) and am now on a hiadus. I've been making activities for the time being, while playing some addictive shooters. I'll get back into it mid June.

Slow and steady is the best approach to route building. I allocate maybe an hour or two per day MAX. Take a day or two off when I feel like it. All avoids burnout. There's plenty to do in route building.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    Slow and steady is the best approach to route building. I allocate maybe an hour or two per day MAX. Take a day or two off when I feel like it. All avoids burnout. There's plenty to do in route building.
    Good idea, I haven't been pacing myself. properly.