Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NEC in progress

Might as well put this into the public record:

I am in regular contact with gus over another channel and I have offered to help signal this route after the track work is complete. In combination with the appropriate TCS script, I believe we could build the most accurate simulation of the Northeast Corridor's complex cab signaling system.
    Ryan
    US-based railfan and programmer. Author of various timetables and safety scripts for Open Rails.

Small update:

Road to NYP begins. If any one knows the % grade that the portal tunnels are angled at, please tell me. For now, I'll be using a 1.2% grade with it flattening out under the river until the slow 0.5% ascend to the station. I drew out the track work in a note book so that I do not rely on the sim for track laying. I'll release an unfinished version of the route once nyp is finished. As a reminder, no yards or major interlockings were built. Yards will be worked on once I finish Boston South then major connecting railroads will have a partial build.

Road to New York.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    Small update:

Road to NYP begins. If any one knows the % grade that the portal tunnels are angled at, please tell me. For now, I'll be using a 1.2% grade with it flattening out under the river until the slow 0.5% ascend to the station. I drew out the track work in a note book so that I do not rely on the sim for track laying. I'll release an unfinished version of the route once nyp is finished. As a reminder, no yards or major interlockings were built. Yards will be worked on once I finish Boston South then major connecting railroads will have a partial build.

Road to New York.jpg
    All aboard for the NEC!

Got some NYP platforms for you and if you'd like, I've been working on some North/ East river tunnel sections I could send you.

nypstation.zip
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Lurking around...enjoying the progress. Keep it up, looking forward to more!

Quote Originally Posted by captain82 View Post
    Got some NYP platforms for you and if you'd like, I've been working on some North/ East river tunnel sections I could send you.

nypstation.zip
    Send me the tunnel sections, I'd like to add them in. I've also been using your nyp sections for quite a while now. They work well with Secaucus and Philadelphia.

Eh, one more pic, why not.

Tunnels Finished (fornow).jpg

Thank you all for the support. ❤
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Small Update:

Beginning of the middle. Four NYP tracks (2 platforms per day) to keep my sanity. Spacing of tracks is weird but, the 7_5 track pieces are the best imo. No dynamic track here folks. Tunnel tracks will be re-done at a later time with the portal tunnels put in place.

Take a look:
    partial NYP.jpg

Gus, are you making activities when you're done with the route (up to Boston/Springfield)? If so, I was thinking of supporting by making some fleet repaints, and add it to the F/L for you to setup the activities with. I don't think it will be much, but think of it as a thanks for putting yourself near the brink of madness making the route.
    Last edited by J.A.V.; 06-16-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    Redefined for better content craftsmanship.