Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEC in progress

Default NEC in progress

I think it is about time we get a full NEC. Track from DC to Philly is flat, rest of the corridor will have more gradual inclines and declines. Yards/sidings/ will be finished after the main track is complete. Right now I'm stuck on the beast that is Philadelphia. Brain turns into scrambled eggs every time I look at the track. I'll do my best and post updates every few weeks.

Take a gander
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-04-23 03-33-16-357.jpg

What are you planning on doing differently than the re-released PRR-Eastern-Region-v2 from Vince?
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Quote Originally Posted by TrainMaster8010 View Post
    Didn't Vince say that he "refused to let us re-release it." Not being rude but he did say it.
    Please provide the post where I said that.

The original authors have refused to let anyone try to re-purpose the route to a modern theme. I full agree with their decision. Nothing in the PRR-East v2 may be changed. It's the 1950's and that's that.
    There are also many custom buildings and custom scenery and rolling stock in the route.
    None of this content may be used AT ALL!
    Any attempt to change the original authors work to a different time period will have serious consequences.

And for TrainMaster8010 whoever you are, you are one of the reasons the route stays as is. Be careful!
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Ok Vince, I apologize. Forgive me for my moronicness.
    Anyways, I'm guessing Gusthegator is using the NEC V4.0 as a base.

I see you still haven't learned where your nose doesn't belong.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Alright, lets clear somethings.

NEC V4 will not be used as a base. The route is completely new track work. I did borrow the marker file because it is helpful with regards to stations/sidings.

Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    What are you planning on doing differently than the re-released PRR-Eastern-Region-v2 from Vince?
    This route is going to be a full modernized DC to both Springfield and Boston South. Once the main NEC is complete, I'll begin work on the Keystone Corridor. After the Amtrak lines are finished, I'll add in the connecting MARC/VRE/SEPTA/MBTA/MTA/LIRR based video availability and difficulty of the route.

I seem to recall that the NEC4 (which was based off the original MSTS release) is not accurate in some areas in regards to location of the route (certainly near Washington DC). I would start afresh if I were you.

Your ambitions are significant. If you do create this, it would be most welcome, but my advice would be to break off as small a chunk as you can manage. For example, start with Philadlephia to Trenton or Wilmington. When that's sceniced and done, then extend. Remember the trackwork is the easy part.

A big project like this (or anything, really) will be at it's most successful if you cooperate with others. I'm certain that Vince is in a position to help you. And that you'll probably need it. Which means be someone he wants to help. You probably don't need me to say this, but I am because sometimes others come along and quickly ruffle feathers in ignorance of the giants upon who's work they are standing on. You are not starting a sprint or even a marathon but a long endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    I think it is about time we get a full NEC. Track from DC to Philly is flat, rest of the corridor will have more gradual inclines and declines. Yards/sidings/ will be finished after the main track is complete. Right now I'm stuck on the beast that is Philadelphia. Brain turns into scrambled eggs every time I look at the track. I'll do my best and post updates every few weeks.

Take a gander
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-04-23 03-33-16-357.jpg
    Good luck, Gus!
    I can help with the scenery!
    Once we finish (a long way off) I WILL repair all the busted activities.

Small Update: Track work excluding sidings and yards is finished to Philly. I thought Washington Terminal was difficult. Attached is a teaser
    TSRE5_v0.698.1 2020-04-25 01-06-45-462.jpg

I have a small WUT route I've been working on and not really sure what to do with it. Its not much on it as far as scenery but I tried to make the tracks as accurate as I could. I'll give it to you if you're serious about a modern day NEC.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY