Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NEC in progress

Quote Originally Posted by USASpiritlineTrains View Post
    So in a route merge, would you want yours or his to be added into. If yours is added, I am aware that we will have a Metro North Extension.
    Nah, let's keep them separate. For one, there's only one area the both of us are working in and two, there are other projects I'm deeply involved in so Metro-North isn't always going to have my full attention. These are pretty big projects so its going to take a while "years" before they're even ready for the public. I know he's got his hands full too but I'm sure in the future we can work together on a project. Time and patience is the key.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

So in a route merge, would you want yours or his to be added into. If yours is added, I am aware that we will have a Metro North Extension.
    Also to add in, my route has already been merged once before and became the New Haven Line.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Tiny Update:

Distracting my self with some yard work. Only spending around 1 hour a day since it has been nice outside. Here is a partial Wilmington Shops.

TSRE5_v0.698.1 2020-07-31 23-23-15-461.jpg

For anyone curious how the route looks, here is a teaser of NYP:

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    At this rate, I'll probably leave the scenery to the community. Era swap would be a cool feature like the Monon Route has allowing for the early 2000's open pit to the 2017+ closed pit.
    Ummm, Lukas?
    One thing.
    Open Pit Area (2001-2014)
    Closed Pit Area (2014-Present)

I checked satellite images and 2001-June 2014 had open pit but as of October 2014 the pit got closed up for... development reasons.
    Sucks they did that because now railfans have to PAY to get into the station to railfan.
    I wish Amtrak still sold platform tickets.

Ummm, Lukas?
    One thing.
    Open Pit Area (2001-2014)
    Closed Pit Area (2014-Present)

I checked satellite images and 2001-June 2014 had open pit but as of October 2014 the pit got closed up for... development reasons.
    Sucks they did that because now railfans have to PAY to get into the station to railfan.
    I wish Amtrak still sold platform tickets.
    Not sure I'll even get to the scenery. Still got a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    Not sure I'll even get to the scenery. Still got a ways to go.
    Will the route include Philadelphia Freight Yards and the CSX ex-B&O Capitol Sub

Will the route include Philadelphia Freight Yards and the CSX ex-B&O Capitol Sub
    Probably not for a while. Boston comes first. Then the yards a long the way.

A long hiadus yes. I have been slacking. Starting November, track work resumes. NYP will be finished and the NEC track/yard portion of Sunnyside will be done. Then the long haul up Metro North territory after a partial Sunnyside yard. The Incomplete Build will be released for those of you who want to take a look at the work done. However, anyone could use the Philly - Washington Section as viable replacement for the Default NEC. Just add scenery and rename the route/route folder to something like USA1A+. Fair warning this section lacks height data as it was me playing around with Goku's route editor. I'll do my best to update frequently.

Default NEC in Progress

gusthegator

Good luck on yourt work with the NEC............Vince did a great job in starting to straighten out Zoo Jct which was so goofed up in the PRR Eastern region original.

Since the route is set in the 1950's......there are still a number of errors that need to be eliminated:

1) Upper Level of 30th street station is totally wrong. The east end (Schuylkill Interlocking) where it crosses the Delaware should be a 4 track mainline becoming a 6 track station. The west end of 30th street has the Media/West Chester line totally wrong...it should be a "duck under" the two westbound tracks from the Trenton/Paoli mainlines. Also, Powellton Avenue (MU storage for Suburban Station) is totally missing.

2) Suburban Station (BROAD Interlocking) should be a EIGHT track (#0-7) station, platform placement between tracks is wrong

3) Penn Station NY is missing quite a number of tracks..(#1-21) and all the switch arrangements at C, JO, KN and A towers is wrong and mis-leading, platform placement between tracks is also totally wrong

4) Since Sunnyside Yard is in the 1950's theme...there should be A LOT MORE tracks in the main yard..(#1-68) all through tracks except 64-68 (stub end)from R to Q towers....also the REA PXT tracks (96-73 and 101-106) which was the "stub end" of track 68.....are also missing, as well as Gozman Avenue Yard (tracks A-E) off of Loop A at R tower is missing.

5) The grade separation between the East River tunnels going east to F, HAROLD towers and Woodside station is also cockeyed and does not match reality

If you need track and interlocking diagrams, I have many from that and Philadelphia areas to assist
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to