Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: NEC in progress

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.V. View Post
    Gus, are you making activities when you're done with the route (up to Boston/Springfield)? If so, I was thinking of supporting by making some fleet repaints, and add it to the F/L for you to setup the activities with. I don't think it will be much, but think of it as a thanks for putting yourself near the brink of madness making the route.
    I have 3 activities planned. Won't be made until a basic amount of scenery is added in. Rather not have players look at signals,track and stations for up to 457 miles and 9 hours.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Spurgeon,TN
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Is this the sort of thing you can use?
    plate16.jpg

    I think I found this and some other plates via Project Gutenberg when I Googled Pennsylvania Tunnel and Terminal RR and went to Images, back in 2014. No guarantees now since Google search is now a Popularity based search.

    They might turn up if you drop that image into Google Image search.

    Doug Relyea

    Edit. Well that's a bummer. The image I'm trying to upload is a zoomable .png and the forum software has changed it to a smallish .jpg.
    Last edited by drelyea; 06-17-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drelyea View Post
    Is this the sort of thing you can use?
    plate16.jpg

    I think I found this and some other plates via Project Gutenberg when I Googled Pennsylvania Tunnel and Terminal RR and went to Images, back in 2014. No guarantees now since Google search is now a Popularity based search.

    They might turn up if you drop that image into Google Image search.

    Doug Relyea

    Edit. Well that's a bummer. The image I'm trying to upload is a zoomable .png and the forum software has changed it to a smallish .jpg.
    This helps with the area names. I'll use this in once I start adding some of the yards around newark/secaucus.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Spurgeon,TN
    Posts
    672

    Default

    The original was 2098 x 1427.
    plate16.jpg
    looks like this resized will work. The bottom chart has the grades. The other plates which were more detailed are even bigger.

    Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drelyea View Post
    The original was 2098 x 1427.
    plate16.jpg
    looks like this resized will work. The bottom chart has the grades. The other plates which were more detailed are even bigger.

    Doug Relyea
    I downloaded pic and bookmarked the site. Really nice info on the % grades not to mention many railroads back in the day.

  6. #56

    Default

    Small update:

    After much hair pulling, 1/3 of nyp is finished. It will be a bit larger than anticipated, but oddly enough it should be around the same size as the NYP on the Metro North New Haven (usax) route. I will resume building next monday. Skipping ahead, I may build back to GCT after track work to New Rochelle is completed. That way you can run Metro North trains from a proper start point and not some random station. I'll try not to get carried away and start building the harlem line.

    Heres a pic:
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-06-17 23-38-23-064.jpg

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    Small update:

    After much hair pulling, 1/3 of nyp is finished. It will be a bit larger than anticipated, but oddly enough it should be around the same size as the NYP on the Metro North New Haven (usax) route. I will resume building next monday. Skipping ahead, I may build back to GCT after track work to New Rochelle is completed. That way you can run Metro North trains from a proper start point and not some random station. I'll try not to get carried away and start building the harlem line.

    Heres a pic:
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-06-17 23-38-23-064.jpg
    One thing I've learned in route building is don't bite off more than you can chew and you can't please everyone. I've been working on and off on my Metro North route for about 12 years now and realize some areas just dont need to be modeled. If you're going to do the NEC then stay on it. The Hudson and Harlem lines along with branch lines you'll never see if you're mainly doing Amtrak.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Nice work btw, NYP and GCT was a nightmare times 6 to the 9th power to model and I did them both atleast 9 times over.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captain82 View Post
    Nice work btw, NYP and GCT was a nightmare times 6 to the 9th power to model and I did them both atleast 9 times over.
    Tanks a bunch.

    Quote Originally Posted by captain82 View Post
    One thing I've learned in route building is don't bite off more than you can chew and you can't please everyone. I've been working on and off on my Metro North route for about 12 years now and realize some areas just dont need to be modeled. If you're going to do the NEC then stay on it. The Hudson and Harlem lines along with branch lines you'll never see if you're mainly doing Amtrak.
    Focus isn't my strong point. Almost stopped at philly to build up more SEPTA Lines. Could've done Airport/Elwyn lines since they are quite simple. But yes, time to stay focused.

  10. #60

    Default

    Update:

    With lock down easing up, my computer time will be less. I will do editing once a week for 3/4 hours on what ever day off I get. Yes this slows things down, but I actually intended to stop gaming all together and only began this project because COVID-19 messed things up. Once NYP is completed, I will release an unfinished version of the route. Track work is done so that sidings/yards/other railroads can be created.

    I did a test run between Trenton and Philadelphia following the current day Regional Schedule along with track speeds etc etc. Trust me when I say you cannot make up time if you are late.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •