Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEC in progress

Have you applied DEMEX or TSRE hgt maps to the route tiles yet?
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Oh dang!

Quote Originally Posted by captain82 View Post
    I have a small WUT route I've been working on and not really sure what to do with it. Its not much on it as far as scenery but I tried to make the tracks as accurate as I could. I'll give it to you if you're serious about a modern day NEC.
    That would be much appreciated. PM me when you get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    Have you applied DEMEX or TSRE hgt maps to the route tiles yet?
    DC to Philly is flat. HGT is applied north of Philadelphia, However, since philly is pretty much ground zero, I could remove the track, input the terrain, and do the track work over going south.

Small update:

Made it to Rahway, must say getting and maintaining the proper track height for this area isn't easy. Newark Penn will be the next problem since the available model isn't curved liked the real thing. Still, I'll do my best to work around it.
    TSRE5_v0.698.1 2020-05-02 08-37-41-913.jpg

I'll be danged. Lukas, you're a real hero. HOLY SHOOT!

Default Rahway to Union

I'd suggest using SketchUp to lay out Newark Station.
    I had success doing the LIRR Brooklyn Flatbush Terminal by first laying the track and then using a piece of dynamic track as a precision ruler, got all the measurements needed to build the platforms. Attached is a screen showing all the poly edges. It took me a solid 3 days to do this.
    I didn't need canopies like you'd need at Newark because this is an underground terminal but some simple ones could be done also, either as part of the model (hard) or a separate shape.
    SketchUp is incredible easy to construct stuff like this.

I'd offer help but at present my system is fully engaged with running protein/amino acid folding research for the teams at the U of Washington into the COVID-19 virus.
    As of this date there are 2,900,000+ systems like mine and some MUCH bigger (18 core xenon was one I read about) running this research.
    With my background, 32 yr @ IBM, I would be morally wrong if I didn't turn my system to running this research. So the Choo-choo's can wait . . . for people to survive to ride them!

So while this national emergency exists I've shutdown all Train Simming. The virus research runs WorkUnits that typically run ~8 hours.
    So i5 Quad core plus the Nvidia 650 GPU are running 5 WU each taking ~8 hours.

Been at it for two weeks now and my old X-Box is deep into Skyrim Elder Scrolls.
    Stay safe everyone. This bug is NOT to be trifled with. It's terribly dangerous.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I had success doing the LIRR Brooklyn Flatbush Terminal by first laying the track and then using a piece of dynamic track as a precision ruler, got all the measurements needed to build the platforms. Attached is a screen showing all the poly edges. It took me a solid 3 days to do this.
    I didn't need canopies like you'd need at Newark because this is an underground terminal but some simple ones could be done also, either as part of the model (hard) or a separate shape.

I'd offer help but at present my system is fully engaged with running protein/amino acid folding research for the teams at the U of Washington into the COVID-19 virus.
    As of this date there are 2,900,000+ systems like mine and some MUCH bigger (18 core xenon was one I read about) running this research.
    With my background, 32 yr @ IBM, I would be morally wrong if I didn't turn my system to running this research. So the Choo-choo's can wait . . . for people to survive to ride them!

So while this national emergency exists I've shutdown all Train Simming. The virus research runs WorkUnits that typically run ~8 hours.

Been at it for two weeks now and my old X-Box is deep into Skyrim Elder Scrolls.
    Stay safe everyone. This bug is NOT to be trifled with. It's terribly dangerous.

regards,
    Never touched SketchUp, but it is time to take the plunge. Heck, If it takes me less than the 30 day trial I may end up building Secaucus Junction. Tanks for le tip.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainMaster8010 View Post
    I'll be danged. Lukas, you're a real hero. HOLY SHOOT!
    Not a hero, but I thank ye for the compliment.
    Last edited by Nels_Anderson; 05-03-2020 at 06:55 PM.

I seem to recall that secacus station is in the file library here?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post

regards,
    Vince, thank you for your hard work and dedication. 👏👏👏🙏🙏🙏
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    I seem to recall that secacus station is in the file library here?
    yes