Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE Cut Depth

Default RE Cut Depth

Okay, I've come upon something I have yet to see.

Background: In the process of draining a large reservoir. All was going well until I crossed a tile border and implemented the Y key. This picture illustrates the result...

After using the Y key, the terrain does not go beneath the track on that tile.

Is there an adjustment that I can make to get the cut depth below track level on this tile?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Found it/fixed it.

It was in the tile ceiling/floor depth menu. Adjusted the tile to a lower floor and all is well. Haven't a clue why this particular tile had a different floor setting.

Yup, the tile floor trick was it! Should switch over to TSRE, lots easier to sculpt terrain!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

TSRE:

I'm sure it's a great program for those so inclined.

It's my understanding once you import DEM via TSRE you're stuck with it, for RE can no longer read the data. Is that correct? If so, that's a deal breaker for me for I do a lot of DEM work.

Like I said in another thread, I'm personally fine with the old RE. I have yet to come up against something I couldn't figure out and solve, or find info on the net.

I've re-imported DEM data to fix a tile I've messed up before, if that's what you mean

Andre: That I'm not sure on as I don't need to use DEM.

Travis: What he's saying is once TSRE "sees" the route, he can't use it in MSTS-RE again...Have you experienced that?

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Frank/Travis: I'm not sure I know what I mean!

I thought I'd read that if TSRE is used to add tiles, terrain, etc, then how it handles the data is different than the way RE handles it, and thus RE chokes on the route. I could be all wet. Wouldn't be the first time.

TSRE doesn't generate -e or -n.raw files, as MSTS does. MSTS may or may not be able to generate them. Also, TSRE will wipe out any dynamic track entries in the roue's tsection that aren't properly indexed (mostly an issue with oldr routes built using Kuju's default global tsection file). I think those are the only issues that I know of

I have experienced 1 trick with TSRE generated DEM Tiles where if they invisable with MSRE you got to select an deselect a road or track an save terrain changes then bamb.. that terrain tile becomes visible in MSRE.

Since I got to re select each track in MSRE for TSRE track to not mess up the path its not a pain anymore on new routes.

Looking at the other parts of this image, Andre, suggests to me that you are using default values for
    cuts. These are vastly too wide for most US (real) routes and although a 45 degree slope or cut
    is correct in the real world, MSTS is too sloppy to really do those right. I use 14M width, 60 degree
    slopes, and 80 degree cuts for all my routes. Not prototype, but looks more real to me. Now if it
    is a really steep cut, and there are 90 degree or near 90 degree cuts, then make the cut at 60
    degrees and use shapes to actually create the visible cut.

J. H. Sullivan