Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts On Latest Version

Ah, I forgot they were hidden away there.

Thanks Oskari.

Oh and one other item to sneak on the would be nice list... tunnels!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    White Australian man speak with forked tongue......................... .
    Ooops! Sorry.
    I meant "Vern".
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Is there possibility for lit gauges and such on the desk, or is that not prototypical? If I do one of the last runs of the day at around 10pm, it's very hard to read them.

Vern, try Newbury and also Cumbria. They are apparently nice representations of real-life routes.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    Is there possibility for lit gauges and such on the desk, or is that not prototypical? If I do one of the last runs of the day at around 10pm, it's very hard to read them.
    Second this - also need the signal aspects to be lit so you can spot them on approach.

However the atmospherics driving in twilight are very nice, I did a run with the 37 last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Vern, try Newbury and also Cumbria. They are apparently nice representations of real-life routes.
    Got those downloaded and had a quick drive on the Cumbrian one. Looks nicely done but no gradients - there is a steep climb out of Windermere something like 1 in 90 or 1 in 100 on the prototype, not there on the route. Not a criticism just illustrates why we need an editor that can incorporate DEM data and map or marker overlays to use as a template.
    Vern.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    They fall into the night lighting category which I haven't got around to doing yet. That is: gauge and cab lights, passenger interior lights, head/marker/tail lights, signal lamps, lit platforms and stations, lights in houses etc.

No worries on that Oskari, I figured it was on the "to do" list...
    Vern.

Good to know, thank you. My living room (where I do all my gaming) has floor to ceiling windows, so I tend to match the time of day in my games to whatever it is outside, as otherwise the screen can be hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Got those downloaded and had a quick drive on the Cumbrian one. Looks nicely done but no gradients - there is a steep climb out of Windermere something like 1 in 90 or 1 in 100 on the prototype, not there on the route.......
    The "problem" with people such as myself, who don't know the locality, is that we wouldn't have a clue about the terrain.

Although, it would be possible (I think) to recreate a passable terrain by doing what I did with a couple of Trainz routes, and that is to hand-manipulate the contours by referring to a Google Maps view at the same time.
    I did that for Robe and also for Potash - although for the latter a guy by the user-name of "Fishlips" (!) also provided a basic DEM map of the area.

Ah, Potash... now you are going to get me reminiscing about Trainmaster 4. I've driven both the MSTS and Trainz versions which are excellent. I did many years ago try and build a version in what is now DTG TS but a none starter as - at the time - there were no decent desert terrain texture sets. Probably still aren't.

Now that would be something totally fun and wacky to do in DRS!
    Vern.