Thread: AI Hump and uncoupling

Default AI Hump and uncoupling

So this has been an incredible journey. I have a funny feeling it's eventually going to lead me to writing my own RTS custom scripts to do something perhaps with certain features I look for.

One thing in 19 that I'm trying to do (and I've seen done in other videos) is the following

1) A train exits the portal heads into a yard, uncouples it's cars, then the engine goes some place. It could even pickup an outbound and leave back for the portal all in AI.

2) Train actually humps in the AI. Now I've seen this done in a North Platte video and I have no idea how he has done this. But I did accidentally do something similar by accident. The only issue was the AI wasn't trying to hump, he was trying to navigate to the portal on the other side and didn't take the bypass. It was working except the AI tried to find a way through the hump, which of course disabled the retarders on the other end, then all hell broke loose.

There is so much information out there on Auran forums, youtube, etc. it blows my mind. But I haven't seen a YouTube tutorial on this. I seen mention of Uncouplez but I don't know if that is old and works anymore? I have downloaded a drive to hump script I found on the DS before I went to work I'll try out later. Manual commands to Navigate to etc. don't see to get the Hump tower to do it's thing and after 1 car it just stops.

Now when I add commands in portal to try the uncouple function it's actually greyed out unlike when it's already arrived and you can select which car you uncouple from.

Being a programmer I know that a script is only as good as the script was built. Garbage in garbage out they used to say. But if the script can't do what I want perhaps I can create my own custom scripts and rules. That I don't have the foggiest idea where to start.

Anyways any guiding advice is always welcome. No sense rebuilding the house, it there is already something out there that works perfectly.

Thanks

Sean

Well found an uncouple all rule and that seems to work pretty good as long as you only have 1 unit. The next trick is going to be to navigate into an available track in the yard when others are occupied in order to drop off randomly and not on a set track. Right now I'm using the portal control where it randomly calls trains. I might wind up going for a schedule. Would love to see a schedule with some randomness to it if possible. But at least mission 1 is complete.

The 2nd isn't the end of the world because I only have to hump 2 trains to build 1 extra large train. The whole idea of the hump in staging for me is to randomize the car order as if it was brought in by various trains down the line etc. So I don't mind operating the hump via the player as it's not requiring too much attention and runs very nicely on it's own. The hump I build is a dual hump that works nice.

Scripts are what I'm going to really get into I can see.

Thanks

Sean

Sean --

A couple of videos that might provide food for thought:

This can still be done in TRS19 BUT the consist needs to bought to a halt using just the locomotive (independent) brake - not the train brake - before the freight cars are uncoupled. Using the train brake results in the brakes on the freight cars remaining on, so they just stop when the locomotive detaches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtvnNczZFXQ

A lot can be done using simple commands - go to, couple, uncouple, triggers, ... . You just have to get them in the correct sequence -- read them as they scroll across the bottom of the screen:

This one too, where a couple of AI trainz drop of freight cars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U4hnVEs3uM

And yes, the UnCouplzFrom rule is extremely useful. I use the smileyman version. There are other uncouple commands that allow you to designate a particular car.

Somewhere on the Download Station I also have a session where an AI leaves a consist, the AI locomotive moves to a dead end spur, the Player switches the cars around, and then the AI collects the new consist. The last part is activated when the Player passes a trigger.