Thread: STD ENG FILES ver. 2

Question STD ENG FILES ver. 2

Gerry -- I was looking for the file of SD75I in your group of STD ENG FILES ver. 2 and don't see the list of that diesel in it. As you know that CN still have several SD75I running as of today's date on intermodal or manifest trains. Let me know about this.

John

There's a file for an SD75M, isn't there? Mechanically they're the same

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    There's a file for an SD75M, isn't there? Mechanically they're the same
    Yep, part of my train simming education ( learning curve ) from version1 to version2. So many things to learn...

To John,
    from the SD75M standard eng file ... difference in cab type, as travis says... no mechanical difference.
    Comment ( VER2 Standard ORTS Diesel Engine for EMD SD75M, SD75I-isolated cab-locomotives )
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thank you to both of you Gerry and Travis for your replies.

John

Gerry,

First I wanted to thank you for your hard work on these. As I'm going through all my rolling stock updating them using these I noticed some that are missing. I was wondering if there was a chance to get some Eng files for the following Locomotives.

F59PHI
    SC-44
    ASC64
    ALP45DP
    SD30C
    F59PH
    MP40PH3C
    MP36PH3C

Thanks again for all your hard work on these.
    Richard Rasmussen
    The Locomotive Paintshop
    http://tlptrainsim.proboards.com/index.cgi

Quote Originally Posted by solarnet View Post
    Gerry,

First I wanted to thank you for your hard work on these. As I'm going through all my rolling stock updating them using these I noticed some that are missing. I was wondering if there was a chance to get some Eng files for the following Locomotives.

F59PHI
    SC-44
    ASC64
    ALP45DP
    SD30C
    F59PH
    MP40PH3C
    MP36PH3C

Thanks again for all your hard work on these.
    Well, as a matter of fact, I have been working on corrections and additions for the set. As you'll see in the attached screenshot. Check marks by the new ones >>> bandicam 2020-05-13 16-51-29-889.jpg
    Some of the new files are simply locomotive weight specs used by different roads.
    There already is a SD30C in the ver2 set...did you miss it?

I need good information for the following: loco mass, BHP, tractionHP, adhesion%, transmission Eff., idle and max RPM, etc., or at least data accurate enough to start working the files. Anybody got good data? I'm also looking for a good copy of the locomotive cyclopedia -- 1950's to 1960's editions...cannot find any currently, plenty of earlier editions.
    ASC64
    ALP45DP
    M40PH3C

Richard, you're welcome. Thanks, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Completed the MP40PH-3C, looking at the ALP-45DP --- in diesel mode it has two levels of RailHp with and without HEP.

Today I uploaded an Update, Correction, and Add-on package for Version 2 of the OR Standard Engine files.
    This contains:
    1. Corrections to errors reported by users and some I found.

2. Updates files with new information and specs -- this includes different locomotives weights used by roads. ( at some point I'm going to stop releasing different weights of the same locomotives, seems like every railroad had their own specs...cannot keep up with them. )

3. Adds new Std_Eng files for version two. Included are diesel engine files for commuter locomotives, MP36PH-3C; MP40PH-3C; MP54AC and SC-44, also RF16's "sharknose", and others.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Recently work was done on the code pertaining to the Throttle-vs-RPM relationship in OR. An unintended consequence of this work was the introduction of a bug. The bug involved locomotives using the ORTS Diesel Engine definition ( Std_Eng files ) that have identical Idle and Notch1 RPMs. It resulted in these locomotives having zero force & power. There is a workaround patch that takes effect in Monogame Revision 65 ( and associated Unstable version ). I believe Monogame revisions up to REV.59 work correctly ( and associated unstable versions also ).

Please see this thread at Elvas Tower for a complete explanation and references:
    http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...ro-powerforce/

If you wish to use any of the OR version/revisions that this bug affects the change to the Std_Eng file is shown in the screenshot below:
    bandicam 2020-06-10 12-28-00-331.jpg

Hey Gerry, thank you again, for your outstanding hard work and efforts.

Mike