Thread: Rotating a Route

Default Rotating a Route

Hi first forgive me if it is in a wrong category.

I want to rotate a route like if a route is vertical or going up and down can you rotate it to make it go left to right or horizontal?

Route_Riter has a routine to move a route horizontally to a different location, also to adjust the altitude (elevation) of the route and/or the tracks. I never heard of 'rotating' a route though.

Get RR, read the Help files and backup your route before attempting any of this.
    >>>===> https://msts.steam4me.net/Route_Riter/index.html

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I think he wants the tracls to go straight up and down Vince... my guess is no.

Paul :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Parth3315* View Post
    Hi first forgive me if it is in a wrong category.

I want to rotate a route like if a route is vertical or going up and down can you rotate it to make it go left to right or horizontal?
    Hi, I think I know what you want to do. You want to fix those Indian routes running in the wrong direction, dont you? (really, I dont know why someone would lay an east to west running route, west to east)

I did it with help of an excel macro for a "few" tiles before. I did not catalog the procedure or store the excel in a handy place, so I must dig it up.

But if you want to do an entire route, my excel solution wont be effective, it would be a painful process.

First I deleted all interactives, then deleted all TDB references in the affected tiles. Next run the excel on each world file to calculate new Qdirections and coordinates for each shape (track, statics) in that world file. Then manually figure out and rename the world file to where its new global position would be. Next the tiles, use photoshop on the RAW file to rotate it & reset the .t file to default to ensure the terrain shadows display properly. SSimilar to the world files, the tiles need to be renamed to the new tile location as well. Finally put the world file & tile in their respective folder on the route & pray everything went correctly (it took me a few attempts to align everything correctly).

Now, you have the fun task of clicking every single track & road piece to add it back into the TDB, and also then reinstall all interactives manually (I did not risk messing with rotating any interactives).

I'm sure i still missed some details up there, but that was what I did for a "few" (around 6-8) tiles on 1 route. The difficulty of the task deterred me from trying on anything as large as a route. I am sure though someone with better programming skills than me can write a script to automate the whole process.

Since, joe_star you know how to do it I will send you a Private Message. However suggestion on how to do are still accepted.