Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switch to open rails

Default Switch to open rails

i recently switched to Open Rails and am looking for a consist editor other than ConBuilder. I can't seem to find on her at trainsim. Could someone tell me where I can download a good, free(are these terms mutually exclusive?) consists editor.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Bob

Get goku's consist editor its great.

TSRE.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Goku is the author of TSRE which is a combined route and activity/consist editor. It works quite well, but is still very much a WIP.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    Goku is the author of TSRE which is a combined route and activity/consist editor. It works quite well, but is still very much a WIP.
    I'd say that TSRE is less a WIP than MSRE.

The TSRE Support forum is at http://www.onrails.eu/index.php and the download for the current version is in the NEWS subforum.
    The main program is a route editor that includes an activity editor. The CE is accessed via a batch file.

It is mainly learned by trial and error, as the the Help tool points to a TSRE Manual where there is a section for Consist Editing, but the underling pages are blank. Keyboard and mouse shortcuts are totally different than ConBuilder. So don't expect to open an ENG file in your Unicode text editor with CTRL + Mouse click. However the program will display full screen and the listings are searchable. Example: Enter ATSF in the search box of you ENG list and only ENG files with ATSF in their Name line will appear in the list.

There are no ENG, WAG, CON or ACT file testing tools as ConBuilder has. But it will support ORTS features that exceed the limitations of MSTS such as filenames longer than 30 characters, case differences between filename and ENG/WAG file section headings and duplicate filenames..
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    I'd say that TSRE is less a WIP than MSRE.
    And MSRE will never see any updates.

Randy

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

I have created some very nice activities in MSTS,especially MT's Greater Eastern.Brings back memories too.Conbuilder used in conjunction with Convoi has soorted most problems.

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    It is mainly learned by trial and error, as the the Help tool points to a TSRE Manual where there is a section for Consist Editing, but the underling pages are blank...
    There must be more than one manual, or you've got an earlier version, because my TSRE manual does have a short section on the CE...see screenshot. It certainly could be updated and expanded upon. You can use slipperman's utility program MSTS Check to perform tests for sound ( wag and eng files ) and cabviews. ConBuilders suite of testing tools is nice to have around, but I rarely use it anymore to build or edit consists.
    bandicam 2020-05-05 07-59-39-999.jpg
    Last edited by R. Steele; 05-05-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    There must be more than one manual, or you've got an earlier version, because my TSRE manual does have a short section on the CE...see screenshot. It certainly could be updated and expanded upon. You can use slipperman's utility program MSTS Check to perform tests for sound ( wag and eng files ) and cabviews. ConBuilders suite of testing tools is nice to have around, but I rarely use it anymore to build or edit consists.
    MY version of TSRE is 0.698. Clicking on Help on the TSRE CE menu there is but one choice "About". Clicking on "About" yields this Window: TSRECE-UG.JPG

Clicking on the URL for the User Guide yields a web site for TSRE. Scrolling down is this section for the CE:
    How to build Consists

1. Getting started.
    2. How to use Consist Editor.
    3. Editing consists.

Clicking on either 1,2,or 3 yields an Internet 404 Error.
    (FYI the same Help>About User Guide is accessed from the TSRE RE also.)

Is the Manual you show the "Official" Manual from the author of the program? Where does one get the Manual? There is NONE in the current download. Nor is there a download link for the Manual you show, but there is an unanswered request for the link.
    Last edited by crstagg; 05-05-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    Charles