Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switch to open rails

Charles, You have a PM Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

You might check out this thread.... https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...amp-Extensions I had started and am about half way through reworking Michael Vone's route editing manual using TSRE5 commands. It's a work in progress. As with all things route building, sometimes you have to put it away and do other things to keep the motivation up

Quote Originally Posted by amtrak115 View Post
    You might check out this thread.... https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...amp-Extensions I had started and am about half way through reworking Michael Vone's route editing manual using TSRE5 commands. It's a work in progress. As with all things route building, sometimes you have to put it away and do other things to keep the motivation up
    ??????? Which post?
    This one?
    Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    The author of TSRE5 needs to take 5 and write a manual.

He's just so hard to deal with though.

Robert
    Or this post?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    That would be welcome...

No, there are no planned updates yet. GOKU trashed it as not being correct or up to date and that's where it sits until I get feedback from people who actually use it.
    Last edited by crstagg; 05-05-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Charles

Does this help? There is a section in the manual on CE.
    tsre_manual.zip

Quote Originally Posted by biologybob View Post
    Does this help? There is a section in the manual on CE.
    tsre_manual.zip
    Not quite. That is possibly the original document. It is dated 10/10/2018. The document that amtrak115 points to was updated on Jan 3 this year. The download in the TS Library has not been kept up to date. Recommend that you use the one at the GitHub URL inspite of the statement of the creator of TSRE that it is not correct. It is FAR better than a 404 error on a web page.
    Last edited by crstagg; 05-05-2020 at 03:33 PM.
    Charles

This Github manual is the best I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    This Github manual is the best I've seen.
    I also think it is a worthy effort.
    A collegial effort between yourself and the author might be of benefit --- regarding expanding, updating, and correcting errors.
    As Always, thank your for your efforts in making TSRE /CE/AE available to the community. Please keep your health and well-being, stay happy. Best to you and yours, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

As the AUTHOR of the GITHUB manual... any help is appreciated... I don't really use TSRE... I just wanted to do a writeup on it. If you have bits to share... please do. (as in SEND ME EMAILS with feedback and input)
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    As the AUTHOR of the GITHUB manual... any help is appreciated... I don't really use TSRE... I just wanted to do a writeup on it. If you have bits to share... please do. (as in SEND ME EMAILS with feedback and input)
    Pete, I had forgotten to mention that very important part, my apologies...I find your work excellent and use my copy, thank you for all the work.