Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From John Petillo - MSTS Routes I would like to see

I should have added:
    12. Nicholas, Fayette, & Greenbrier.

Tell you what Steve, I'll layout the C&O from Clifton Forge to Huntington and I'll lay the
    tracks. Then I'll put it in the "unfinished" category. Hopefully by then we will also have
    some better (& modern) coal handling mine equipment. Simon in Holland is working on
    some things I sent him images of. I'll include the principal branches except for the
    branches out of Raleigh Yard which are included in the Virginian Route, and the
    Nicholas, Fayette & Greenbrier which I have just added - forgot I already had it laid out
    but haven't done the track yet. Those loops on it (since switchbacks were removed in
    1947) ought to be interesting.

J. H. Sullivan
    (and no, sleep just won't come tonight, err, this morning Eastern Time.

There are 2 MBTA Commuter Rail routes that someone made, a long time ago. I remember one of those 2 routes is a Boston to Providence route. -JP

Ok. Yeah. I get it. No use beating a dead horse. Ha Ha very funny. -JP

Update - I did a search for MBTA routes. There is a 2003 version of a commuter rail route from Boston to Providence R I. There is also a 2004 version of the same route, but 'updated'. There are no MBTA Subway / Light Rail routes on Trainsim.com, though. -JP

That C&O route would be a good project to detail out. That is a lot of projects you got going there. Meanwhile I've been waiting to get my B&O Ohio division files off my old hard drive and revive it.
    M. Payne

I would like to see a route that covers Brunswick MD to Baltimore MD and runs south to Richmond VA.
    CSX Metropolitan Sub: Washington DC to Point of Rocks MD
    CSX Old Main Line Sub: Brunswick MD to Baltimore MD
    CSX Capital Sub: Washington DC to Baltimore MD
    CSX RF&P Sub: Washington DC to Richmond VA
    Plus, Baltimore Terminal Sub, Washington Union Station, and Alexandria Extension
    There is a lot of selection with a route this size. Both MARC and VRE commuter; Amtrak, not to mention the Auto Train out of Lorton; and plenty of CSX action. A route like this provides exclusively crew district running, except for Auto Train the crew changes in Florence,SC.
    B. Jasper

Quote Originally Posted by jamalj05 View Post
    CSX RF&P Sub: Washington DC to Richmond VA
    This is out.. Again to mods shouldn't this be moved to "ITEMS WANTED" since i's nothing but route requests ??
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

RF&P route is good and is getting revised. New version coming sometime.

I would love to see the B&O Maryland Division done as you say. So much that if I ever get into route building it might be on my list - starting with the Georgetown Branch, where I grew up.

Christopher

JP a few years ago I started a route for the MBTA Cambridge Dorchester Line aka the Red Line. Originally started it as a pre 1963 route when the original #1 - #4 cars were running (represented by NYC R4 IND cars as no Boston rolling stock exists) and just Harvard to Ashmont. I since added in Columbia Junction and the South Shore line as far as Quincy. It also has the Mattapan Ashmont trolley and a portion of the Old Colony Commuter line and the freight line that parallels the Mattapan Line so you can do freight switching along it. The route is very infinished, no station stops or signals yet and many stations lack details. I also needed to add the Southeast Expressway but was hesitant since MSTS RE was very finicky about car spawners etc. Now that TSRE is available I might try to go back and finish that route. There is still an issue with rolling stock. Somebody did do a repaint of the Japanese EMU's that could be used to represent the South Shore cars (1500 and 1600's) and there are PCC models available in Boston colors for the mattapan trolley.

Default MBTA commuter route

I remember some years ago trying that MBTA Boston to Providence route. Interesting and fun to play with but one problem I found is that it is not correct geographically so that you cannot run with actual MBTA schedules nor is it easy to make correct updates such as adding the Stoughton Branch which I was going to try to do. Too bad someone went to all that work without making sure the geography was correct.