Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From John Petillo - MSTS Routes I would like to see

Default From John Petillo - MSTS Routes I would like to see

Greetings.
    This is John Petillo.

This caters to Route Builders / Creators in the New England Area.

Here are some New England area tourist train / trolley routes I would like to see produced for MSTS.

Lowell National Historic Park Street Railway - Lowell Massachusetts
    Seashore Trolley Museum - Kennebunkport Maine
    Connecticut Trolley Museum - East Windsor Connecticut
    Newport & Narragansett Bay Railroad - Portsmouth Rhode Island
    Conway Scenic Railroad - Conway New Hampshire
    Hobo / Winnepesaukee Railroad - Linclon / Meridith New Hampshire
    Mt. Washington Cog Railway - Bretton Woods New Hampshire
    Cape Cod Scenic Railroad - Hyannis Massachusetts
    Shore Line Trolley Museum - East Haven Connecticut
    Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum - Shelburne Falls Massachusetts

I would also like to see the following Public Transportation railroad routes produced for MSTS.

Amtrak Downeaster - Service from North Station in Boston MA to Portland Maine
    Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority - Rapid Transit Subway Lines / Light Rail Streetcar Lines / Heritage 'High Speed' Streetcar Line with service from Ashmont Station to Mattapan Square Station
    Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority - Commuter Rail Lines

I'm not a route builder / creator. I only like downloading routes and running trains on the routes.

It would certainly be totally awesome to see the above listed routes produced for MSTS.
    -JP

Quote Originally Posted by TrainyardJP View Post

I'm not a route builder / creator. I only like downloading routes and running trains on the routes.

It would certainly be totally awesome to see the above listed routes produced for MSTS.
    -JP
    You know you could try! Many of us took that first step long ago! Never know what you can do with out trying first!
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Hi JP,

As long as we are fantasizing about routes we would like to see, how about the AMTRAK route of the Lake Shore Limited between Boston and Chicago.

Charles,

How true.

Todd,

Thanks to tsre5 I am finally able to do a little route work. However, I find that with my skills I am limited to customizing routes by adding scenery and track. That's about the the only new tricks you can teach this old dog.

I once made a serious attempt at building the fictional "Boston, Worcester, and Pacific RR" but I soon found out that the route will probably never see the light of day.

Fred

I have to say some of the routes you name like the museum routes seen like great learning platforms. Most are short, and given GOKU's editor might just be a great starting point. The Shore Line Trolley museum might just fit on a single tile. As far as the MBTA, a long time ago someone created a MBTA route that should still be in the file library. I seem to remember the author being challenged a bit but you could DL the last attempt and add scenery as needed.

To admins, shouldn't this be moved to items wanted?
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

1. C&O New River Gorge WV, the Allegheny Subdivison from Clifton Forge VA to Montgomery WV
    2. VGN from Deepwater to Princeton
    3. N&W Norfolk to Roanoke
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

The Virginian is coming, Steve!

I have the Virginian from DeepWater to Roanoke under construction but I hit a snag that if it cannot
    be fixed, would make it a TSRE/ORTS only route. That would not be so terrible these days but I
    prefer my routes to be backward compatible. Lukas Lussar is picking around in it to see what the
    issue (crashes to desktop at two points in route) might be. Both locations have catenary on the
    VGN side, which adds lots of items, and transfer sub-ballast on both VGN and N&W sides, so it
    could be too many items. No errors are generated in TSRE or ORTS.

Then besides the above I have under construction------
    1. Southern Rwy: Danville, KY to Oakdale, TN, i.e. 2nd district of the CNO&TP
    2. L&N, KD Sub., Corbin, KY to Knoxville, TN (stage one is to complete that which Dudley Evans
    has done) Stage 2 adds SR via Jellico, TN/KY to ARCO mine & Fonde, KY as well as
    L&N Cow Creek Branch.
    3. Milwaukee Road, Harlowton to Great Falls, MT
    4. Camas Prairie RR including UP, Ayer Jct. to Riparia & Ayer Jct. north over Josso Viaduct a few miles.
    5. Nashville (TN) Terminal
    6. L&N, Main Stem, Louisville to Nashville
    7. L&N Chattanooga Div., Nashville to Chattanooga & branches
    8. MRS Logistica, Ore Port to Barra Mansa, Brazil
    9. MRS Logistica, Barra Mansa to area of Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    10. C&O (CSX) Big Sandy Sub. south of Paintsville, KY
    11. L&N Eastern Kentucky Div. with two old routes to eastern Ky and the K&O line

At 81 maybe I'll live long enough. This time though I am forcing myself to minimally detail
    the lines and I may issue routes WITHOUT interactives & linked items in the "unfinished"
    category at the same time I issue a finished version. And if my health starts to "go" I'll
    put whatever is left in the unfinished category. I am laying track on all routes though.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

(For Newbies, I use that "handle" because I was born in Nashville, spent the first few years
    on this earth listening to my uncle's tales of the rails (he was a L&N Engineer) and I have
    51 years in the industry, and now volunteer on the Cumbres & Toltec every year that
    health allows.)

Cool

If provided with a lifetime supply of "Skinny Cow" Cookies & Cream I might be persuaded to lay the
    track for the C&O route so that someone else can detail it out. But let's extend it from
    Clifton Forge to Huntington, so that an addition of the branches is also possible.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)