Thread: Placing a Loose Consist

Default Placing a Loose Consist

Hi,

I just placed a loose consist with TSRE5 (my first try) as you can see in picture 1. From what i see, it is placed on the tracks i want, even if there is a lot of switches.

Picture 1 -TSRE5.jpg

Now, the problem is as shown in picture 2 when i am in OR and playing the game.

Picture 2 - OR.jpg

The switch the loose consist is on is a left one. In TSRE5, the loose consist takes the alternate route and in OR it takes the straight route. I want it to take the alternate routing.

Can someone tell me what i did wrong in placing the consist?

Thanks

Michel
    Last edited by michelouim; 05-06-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Placing a consist over switches is okay IF the consist follows the normal path through the switches.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Michel,

Typically, as a rule of thumb, I'll drop static consists in places where they don't foul switches. Admittedly, this may not be the solution you're looking for. But it may be the easiest one to perform.

I'm looking forward to seeing if there are tricks others may know.

EK

There is no option to set a default switch exit in activity file.
    Only path files are associated with switches but loose consists does not use paths.

If you want to place a consist over a complicated set of switches, maybe better use traffic train instead of loose consist?

The difference between TSRE and OR on your screenshots is probably caused by difference in handling default switch exits when placing loose consists on tracks.

I do not recall exactly how it got placed by TSRE5 like that. I do recall that i did toggle the direction after placing it and like what i saw because it was not in the path of my player's consist.

Is it possible that TSRE5 knew about the path of that consist and choose to place it on the track that was free, choosing the alternate way of the switch?

The difference that Goku talks about, could it be synchronized between TSRE and OR? I ask, because at the beginning of the process, we work with TSRE and from that we assume it will be exactly what we see or do that will be in OR. I understand the rule of thumb that ekeating is talking about and what vince is saying, and i also understand that my experience is probably unique, but my question is more on a larger scale, and should probably be "do we always see exactly the same in TSRE and in OR?" Maybe it should be ask to the OR team...

As for my problem, i will place the loose consist elsewhere...problem resolve...thanks

Michel

I've tried to place loose consists in my activities and my activity crashes when I try to run it. It has crashed before to where I had to completely install the route over again to get it working without loose consists in them.

In the TSRE settings.txt file, what is writeTDB set at?

Which file do I download to give me a directory with the settings file in it rather the just the .exe file that runs the program?

Hi FireEngine,
    You need to run the TSRE_v0.698.exe file (or whichever version you're using), mate
    It will then download/add the extra files you need, including a 'default' settings.txt.

I hope you haven't got TSRE5 in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)! If you have, then your 'missing' files are probably in one of your Windows Users folders!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Once I download and change the setting to false I can place any loose consist on any activity on any route I want to and it should work?