Thread: Signal Colors And Pressure Values Not Displayed Correctly!?

Exclamation Signal Colors And Pressure Values Not Displayed Correctly!?

Running an activity under Windows 7 64 bit and running Open Rails New Year MG version 60.3.

Route is Marias Pass 5.

Signal color/status is not displayed correctly on the signal posts! Status/color contradicts status/color shown by the Track Monitor. Track Monitor shows correct status/color ("green lighted"), as the train passes through the "red lighted" signal post without issue.

Also, there is a mismatch in pressure values being displayed! Locomotive displays lower and "stuck"(?) pressure values (at 80 psi) compared to HUD pressure values which, I think, are correct. This seems to affect just the EQ and BP pressure values only. The Main and BC pressure values seem to be correct.

Tested this activity under MSTS, Open Rails 1.3.1, and Open Rails "unstable" version dated 4th May. These other programs all displayed the correct signal color (green). So this suggests there is a problem with OR MG version 60.3. Log attached (zipped as text file too big to attach directly).

OpenRailsLog_MG_MP5.zip

Regarding the pressure readings, it seems that ONLY Open Rails 1.3.1 displays the correct locomotive pressure values for the EQ and BP! MSTS, OR MG V60.3 and OR unstable version dated 4th May all show incorrect locomotive display pressure values!!??

The incorrect pressure values for the EQ and BP entries on the locomotive seem to be limited to 80 PSI each!? This phenomenon seems to happen frequently for other locomotives and on other routes also!!??

Screenshot of wrong displays attached.

OR_MG_Signal_MP5_annotated.jpg

For the signal mismatch, try Ctrl+M ( go to manual mode ) and then back to auto mode, that may reset the signals, some of the older routes have this problem. Usually that will realign the signals. For the brake pressure...outta my pay grade.

Also try this ( see the screenshot ) put an "OpenRails" folder in the MariasPass5 route folder with the files you see in the screenshot. Set up the include track file exactly as you see it in the screenshot, spaces and all. Also make sure in the sigcfg.dat file that all the "SignalNumClearAhead is "4" or larger...further explanations in manual. Search "OpenRails folder" and see "15.1 Modifications to .trk Files"

bandicam 2020-05-07 22-32-25-503.jpg bandicam 2020-05-07 22-31-41-447.jpg
    Last edited by R. Steele; 05-08-2020 at 01:38 AM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

meeshu, replace your sigscr.txt file with the attached one, after having made a backup copy of the existing one.

OR NewYear MG uses a different sigscr.txt parser, and this route has some lines that have a syntax that this parser doesn't like.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by csantucci; 05-08-2020 at 04:16 AM.

Lightbulb

Thanks for the helpful comments!

Gerry,
    I switched the activity from Auto to Manual mode and back again a couple of times, but that didn't reset the signals.

The Marias Pass 5 route sigcfg.dat file had "SignalNumClearAhead" entry values of 6 for those that I saw. So that should be OK(?)

I was looking at the other options of copying files etc, when Carlos made his post.

Carlos,
    Thank you very much for the revised sigscr.dat (renamed from the sigscr.txt downloaded file) file. This file replaced the existing sigscr.dat for Marias Pass 5 route. Now the signals work properly!

Regarding the incorrect pressure readings on the locomotive. The solution is to edit the locomotive cabview file (cvf) as I just found out, partly by chance!

Change the "ScaleRange ( 0 80 )" entries for the brake pipe and the equalization reservoir to "ScaleRange ( 0 100 )". The problem was that the range of the scale was limiting psi readouts to 80 psi, now the readouts can go up to 100 psi!!

Quote Originally Posted by meeshu View Post
    Thanks for the helpful comments!

Gerry,
    I switched the activity from Auto to Manual mode and back again a couple of times, but that didn't reset the signals.

The Marias Pass 5 route sigcfg.dat file had "SignalNumClearAhead" entry values of 6 for those that I saw. So that should be OK(?)

I was looking at the other options of copying files etc, when Carlos made his post.

Carlos,
    Thank you very much for the revised sigscr.dat (renamed from the sigscr.txt downloaded file) file. This file replaced the existing sigscr.dat for Marias Pass 5 route. Now the signals work properly!

Regarding the incorrect pressure readings on the locomotive. The solution is to edit the locomotive cabview file (cvf) as I just found out, partly by chance!

Change the "ScaleRange ( 0 80 )" entries for the brake pipe and the equalization reservoir to "ScaleRange ( 0 100 )". The problem was that the range of the scale was limiting psi readouts to 80 psi, now the readouts can go up to 100 psi!!
    Yes on both counts, I found in my notes about the edit to the cvf and also had forgotten about the sigscr.dat file ... too many things to remember. However, my usual mode of operation is to put an OpenRails folder in the route folder and put in the sgicfg and sigscr files, also a track file if I need to clear trees and shubbery off the tracks. Also you can use a OpenRails folder in the routes "Activity" folder to include act files that have ORTS statements that could be wiped out by using the MSTS Activity editor ( if you are using it )...it's all in the manual.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Noted, thanks!