Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Rails Activity Load Error

BTW don't you have the payware version of ConBuilder? Test the ACT in Conbuilder using the test tool (Icon looks like a Circle pie chart) or Tests>Activities on Menu.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Well, let's see...

There are some "Sd Shape: not exist " in the TSRE log...that may present a problem, hopefully a member that's familiar with TSRE will find the thread and take a look. Sorry I couldn't be helpful. When I've encountered this problem it was usually something wrong or missing with the Player in the consist. Or a mismatch between the Route name used in the acitivity and the correct name of the route. Once it was an extra space in a file.
    Gerry,

The missing SD files are for Freight Anim Shapes which do not have SD files. Every piece of rolling stock for Surfliner has the car number or name in a FreightAnim Shape. One Shape file for each Car type and multiple WAG & S files with the ####s. Common for all passenger equipment from 3dTrains.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Gerry,

The missing SD files are for Freight Anim Shapes which do not have SD files. Every piece of rolling stock for Surfliner has the car number or name in a FreightAnim Shape. One Shape file for each Car type and multiple WAG & S files with the ####s. Common for all passenger equipment from 3dTrains.
    Thanks Charles, was wondering about that. I've read that OR does not use SD files, and then it does use them??? Seems to be some confusion on that --- or maybe I don't have all the facts. If OR truly doesn't use SD files then the warnings seem pointless.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks Charles, was wondering about that. I've read that OR does not use SD files, and then it does use them??? Seems to be some confusion on that --- or maybe I don't have all the facts. If OR truly doesn't use SD files then the warnings seem pointless.
    Well for certain TSRE does not check as to what kind of shape it is when it checks for SD files to report them missing. Matter of how it is coded.
    Last edited by crstagg; 05-09-2020 at 04:15 PM.
    Charles

Oh gads, my fault, got the log files mixed up --- the SD warnings were in the TSRE log...but still I've read that OR does and doesn't use the data in SD files?? Guess I'll have to spend some time tracking down what's really going on.

Say, if you have time and know anything about CabViews...I'm just about ready to post a problem I've had ( and cannot figure out ) with a dynamic nums display in a cabview. I'll post in the MSTS Cab Design forum...I really do not know if this a problem with OR or the design of the cabview, cvf, or what the heck!
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Oh gads, my fault, got the log files mixed up --- the SD warnings were in the TSRE log...but still I've read that OR does and doesn't use the data in SD files?? Guess I'll have to spend some time tracking down what's really going on.

Say, if you have time and know anything about CabViews...I'm just about ready to post a problem I've had ( and cannot figure out ) with a dynamic nums display in a cabview. I'll post in the MSTS Cab Design forum...I really do not know if this a problem with OR or the design of the cabview, cvf, or what the heck!
    Beyond my skill in CVFs.
    Charles

FAs don't seem to need .sd files, because they (I think) use the .sd data from their parent shape. Any other objects, though, still need .sd files