Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Rails Activity Load Error

Post Open Rails Activity Load Error

All,

I'm currently working on creating new activities for Surfliner 2.3 (or attempting to, at least) on TSRE when I came across this one I was working on this evening. When attempting to test a validation state, the ORTS screen gave me a load error message as seen below.

I was able to push through it and load the activity without issue. Which leads me to the following questions:

1. What may cause this? I haven't seen it happen before and RouteRiter doesn't notify of any activity errors.
    2. What might I be able to do to fix this?

Thanks to all in advance.

EK
    Last edited by ekeating; 05-08-2020 at 11:49 PM.

When the error happened, did you check the OpenRailsLog.txt file on the desktop?
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Gerry,

I should have attached these to begin with, my apologies. I've attached a copy of both the ORTS and TSRE logs, I have a terrible time attempting to understand most of these error messages I receive.

EK
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well, let's see...
    Same missing sound files keep appearing: These shouldn't stop the activity from loading, unless they are for the player. There's so many that it might cause OR to crash, if the they kept adding up while testing the activity.
    Warning: File ../P42_Cab_Radio.wav missing from C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_AMT_SWCHIEF_2012\soun d\..\..\Common.GLW\GE_7FDL16_P42DC\Alias

Warning: File ../P42_HEP_Generator2.wav missing from C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_AMT_SWCHIEF_2012\soun d\..\..\Common.GLW\GE_7FDL16_P42DC\Alias

Warning: File ../Chug_RamUp.wav missing from C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_AMT_SWCHIEF_2012\soun d\..\..\Common.GLW\GE_7FDL16_P42DC\Alias

Warning: File ../P42_HEP_Generator.wav missing from C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_AMT_SWCHIEF_2012\soun d\..\..\Common.GLW\GE_7FDL16_P42DC\Alias
    These missing sound files do not appear as often --- they wouldn't stop the activity from loading...unless they were for the player.
    Warning: File x_CEM_flat.wav missing from C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SM_MetrolinkRotemCoaches\ sound

Warning: File 6900_flat.wav missing from C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SM_MetrolinkRotemCoaches\ sound

Warning: File pass_flat_ml.wav missing from C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\3DTrains_Metrolink\sound\ ..\..\3DTrains_Surfliner\Sound
    A few of these world file warnings...they refer to a comment RouteRiter adds to world files after the last bracket...it's added during one the world file tests..cannot remember which one. They will not stop the activity from loading. They're easy to remove, just use zipper to unzip the world files ( or Route Riter I suppose ) and use any find&replace to remove the line and replace it with a blank space.
    Warning: Expected end of file in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Surfliner2-3\World\w-012860+013996.w:line 96

SSWW

Warning: Expected end of file in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Surfliner2-3\World\w-012860+013998.w:line 114

SSWSSSSSSSW

Warning: Expected end of file in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Surfliner2-3\World\w-012860+014000.w:line 459
    These warnings are common errors found in many MSTS wag&eng files... suffix n/m should be n/m/s ---- most often an error in the Coupler Damping values. "27.2.2" looks like an incorrect value in a wagon brake and "4e70" is from an engine file...the warning gives the line number and the engine file...easy enough to find and correct. None of these are going to stop the activity from loading.
    Warning: Found a suffix 'n/m' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SCAX_bdir_c\SCAX_bdir_c_c ab.eng:line 15

Warning: Found a suffix 'n/m' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SCAX_bdir_c\SCAX_bdir_c_c ab.eng:line 15

Warning: Cannot parse the constant number 4e70 in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\METROLINK_F59PH_H3\METROL INK869.eng:line 18

Warning: Cannot parse the constant number 4e70 in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\METROLINK_F59PH_H3\METROL INK869.eng:line 18

Warning: Found a suffix 'n/m' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\3DTrains_FreightPack\Deko _Fc89_JTTX2.wag:line 17

Warning: Found a suffix 'n/m' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\3DTrains_FreightPack\Deko _Fc89_JTTX2.wag:line 17

Warning: Cannot parse the constant number 27.2.2 in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SLI_BNSF_FREIGHT\BNSF_516 1_HOPPER_480274_LD.wag:line 60

Warning: Cannot parse the constant number 4e70 in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\METROLINK_F59PH_H3\METROL INK854.eng:line 18

Warning: Cannot parse the constant number 4e70 in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\METROLINK_F59PH_H3\METROL INK854.eng:line 18

Warning: Found a suffix 'n/m' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SNDX_bdir_c\SNDX_bdir_c_c ab.eng:line 15

Warning: Found a suffix 'n/m' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in C:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SNDX_bdir_c\SNDX_bdir_c_c ab.eng:line 15
    The track node and duplicate signal warnings...get them all the time and they never have stopped the show. I don't use TSRE much, so perhaps they might give it a problem. Don't know.

There are some "Sd Shape: not exist " in the TSRE log...that may present a problem, hopefully a member that's familiar with TSRE will find the thread and take a look. Sorry I couldn't be helpful. When I've encountered this problem it was usually something wrong or missing with the Player in the consist. Or a mismatch between the Route name used in the acitivity and the correct name of the route. Once it was an extra space in a file.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

I had a similar problem a few days ago. In my case, there was a matching pair of brackets () as part of the Traffic definition name which confused the activity file parser. To correct this issue, I opened the file in a text editor (I use Kate, but any editor will work, really) and added double quotes " " around the Traffic names in the activity file, which made the problem go away.

Quote Originally Posted by mmax45581 View Post
    I had a similar problem a few days ago. In my case, there was a matching pair of brackets () as part of the Traffic definition name which confused the activity file parser. To correct this issue, I opened the file in a text editor (I use Kate, but any editor will work, really) and added double quotes " " around the Traffic names in the activity file, which made the problem go away.
    So that was the culprit, eh? It showed up for me a few days ago too. Newly created activities could run in 4328 despite the error message but not in MG (either 32 or 64 bit). I returned to my old MSTS AE because of it. Thanks for your detective work; I'll have to do some sleuthing of my own.

Uncle E
    Whatever's cold in my fridge is the Official Beer of Open Rails.

When you install version 2.3 of the route all the core files still say 2.2?

The cause of the Error is in your Trainset. Most probably the ENG file. Please attach your ENG file for EK - Amtrak 562
    Charles

Charles,

I've attached both ENG files and the CON file for good measure.

EK

A562.zip

Quote Originally Posted by ekeating View Post
    Charles,

I've attached both ENG files and the CON file for good measure.

EK
    Mothing wrong with the ENGs. CON had problems. Filename and TrainCfg case did not match, but I doubt that would cause ORTS to error. Also, there were UiD line errors: duplicate UiD #s and incorrect NextUiD value. Attached is corrected CON. Try it. BUT again I don't think that the UiDs were the cause.

I notice that the ACT file name starts with your Initials, so I assume it is one you created. You could check the ACT file to see if each file listed (SVC and PAT) are present in their folders and that the CONs referenced in the SRV files are present. Or Zip up the ACT, SRV and PAT files and post it. I assume the Act is for one of the Surfliner routes. I have both free and pay.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Charles