Thread: 3DCrafter Issues!

Default 3DCrafter Issues!

For 3DCrafter version 8.2, it installs and seems to run OK. I have a license for the Pro version and applied the license code which was accepted. Problem is I don't see an export option to export to MSTS shape (*.s) files!? I applied an add-on pack ("3DCExtras82"), but still there is no export option for MSTS shape files!?

Is there another add-on to be downloaded to enable exporting to MSTS shape files? Or am I missing something here?

For 3DCrafter version 10.2, it seems to install OK. But when I try to run the program I get error message every time! This is followed by a message about "you may be able to keep working . . " after I click on "No" button for the error message if I wanted to report this error! And after clicking on the "OK" button for the message about "you may be able to . . ", the error message appears again!

Tried running the program as an Administrator and/or running in XP SP3 compatibility mode, but the errors persist!?

Screenshots enclosed.

3dcrafter_10.2_error.gif3dcrafter_10.2_post_error.jpg

What is wrong? Why doesn't this program run (properly)?

Running under Windows 7 64bit.

1) You need to ENABLE train features in the options menu.
    2) There are a lot weird problems after versions 7.120 with Windows 7 64 bit.
    3) Richard has abandoned support for his 3D tools for nearly 10 years now
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Thanks, Pete!

I eventually got 3DCrafter Pro 8.2 to enable exporting to MSTS shape file by setting Train Works option to "on" under Tools>Options>Misc!!

But still having problems with 3DCrafter 10.2.

Trying to install it under Windows 7 32bit, but 3DCrafter requires Net Framework 4.6.1 (or later) to be installed first. Problem is I can't get Net Framework 4.6.2 to install (under W7 32bit)! I keep getting error message something about "certificate" issue.

Screenshot enclosed of error -

NF_462_Failed_Installation!.jpg

I've installed version 4.0 of Net Framework OK, but 4.6.2 installation is a problem. I've looked online for a solution to this installation issue, but the suggestion of having to be connected to the internet while installing 4.6.2 doesn't solve the issue in my case!? I continue to receive the error message!

Quote Originally Posted by meeshu View Post
    Thanks, Pete!

I eventually got 3DCrafter Pro 8.2 to enable exporting to MSTS shape file by setting Train Works option to "on" under Tools>Options>Misc!!

But still having problems with 3DCrafter 10.2.

Trying to install it under Windows 7 32bit, but 3DCrafter requires Net Framework 4.6.1 (or later) to be installed first. Problem is I can't get Net Framework 4.6.2 to install (under W7 32bit)! I keep getting error message something about "certificate" issue.

Screenshot enclosed of error -

NF_462_Failed_Installation!.jpg

I've installed version 4.0 of Net Framework OK, but 4.6.2 installation is a problem. I've looked online for a solution to this installation issue, but the suggestion of having to be connected to the internet while installing 4.6.2 doesn't solve the issue in my case!? I continue to receive the error message!
    You are not looking enough online... The NET Framework is not an MSTS or OR issue... Its a Microsoft issue.. You have a certificate chain issue... Google that... and it came up to this..
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...root-authority

You stated "you are still having problems with 3DC 10.2..." Go back to Posting number 2, and see what Mr Willard stated on Line 2...

You need to do one thing at a time, not to rush to do other things all in once... Take your time, slow down!! You are in a adrenaline rush on this hobby.. It will still be around...
    Dave Edwards

Managed to install Net Framework 4.6.2 under Windows 7 32bit to enable testing of 3DCrafter under that operating system.

Had to use a "work around" to install 4.6.2.

Anyway, 3DCrafter 10.2 once again brings up the same error messages on Windows 7 32bit as per Windows 7 64bit!

So has anyone been able to get 3DCrafter 10.2 to run (reliably) under any Windows 7 operating system? If so, how?

Go into the folder where 3D Crafter is installed and right click on the .exe for the program and select "troubleshoot compatibility".
    Let Windows tell you what you need to do.

Randy

Question

Thanks Randy!

Under Windows 7 32bit, I ran "trouble shooting compatibility" and it suggested using Windows XP SP2 compatible mode. I tried that, but 3DCrafter 10.2 continued to show error messages. Then tried every combination of Windows Compatibility mode from Windows XP SP3 up to Vista SP2. Again 3DCrafter 10.2 just showed error messages!

I did notice after closing the error messages, they both appeared two times, that an icon appeared at the bottom of my screen in the Taskbar. Tried clicking on this icon several times but it didn't expand to show what it was.

Then I ran "Start Task Manager" (Ctrl-Alt-Del keys), selected 3DCrafter entry and selected to end this process, then a dialog box showed. But this dialog box didn't always appear though, it took several attempts at ending 3DCrafter process before this dialog appeared.

3dcrafter_10.2_post_error_dialog.jpg

What does this mean?

Clicking on the dialog box (buttons) didn't appear to have any effect. Eventually the dialog box closed after again selecting to end 3DCrafter process under the Task Manager.

I'm beginning to suspect that some required file(s) are either missing or not up to date to allow proper functioning of 3DCrafter(?)

I believe 3DCrafter 10.2 requires at least Windows Vista and at least Net Framework 4.6.1 to be installed. But what other files/programs need to be installed?

Something that might not be common knowledge. The 3DC file format is essentially a Microsoft Access Database.
    In IRC at freenode #msts

For those running any version of 3DC on a Windows 10 platform, the Windows 10 updates will more than likely wipe out around 3-4 files needed to run the program. By wipe out, it's just that. The Updates removes the files. Without those files, it won't work no matter what you try. I've talked about this a few times now. DITCH THE AUTO UPDATES! Microsoft now has it set up they feed these down your throat weather you like it or not. The user can longer control refusing the update or taking the parts they want. The updates whack your computer files. Believe that for what it is worth. Many have no issues, but those who do out number them. You'll need to download some apps to 1. remove all the updates 2. prevent windows from forcing a update. Mine went kaput around a year ago. I used the apps and now it works again. After removal of the updates, around 4 files related to 3DC were restored and I was back in business. I have the 9.3 installed. 10.0 and higher can now only be obtained thru the Windows store and again that bad news. Trust me, just say NO to 10.0 or higher. I won't download a thing from the Windows store. You're asking for issues. End of soap box rant.

The rant continues...
    FWIW, RT35GE rant makes valid points. We are the people Microsoft stopped caring about because we do that horrible thing called... "running old software". One main reason to avoid Windows 10 is that it expects that you also repurchase all your main applications and attached hardware so you are using modern versions. Few people complain about WIN10 when they run all new hardware and software.
    In IRC at freenode #msts