Thread: Can anyone provide me tutorial on how to make locomotive in blender

Question Can anyone provide me tutorial on how to make locomotive in blender

Hello everyone I m new in 3d modeling Can anyone provide me tutorial on how to make locomotive in blender

I want to make locomotives for open rails

There really isn't one. There are a lot of tutorials on Blender and there is documentation on how to properly make a locomotive for MSTS (applies to Openrails) and there is an Exporter you can install for Blender to locomotive S format.

Most people would advise you to create a simple "house" for MSTS and learn how to get that into the SIM. If you get that far, a loco is just more work but the steps are mostly the same.

There are even some ready made parts: Like Bogeys and Couplers you can import to save work.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

If you are new to 3D modelling and looking at using Blender I would suggest watching the first 15 videos from the Blender Fundamentals course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF1q...ksYnB0qL9yWDO6

These videos are short, 2 – 12 minutes each, and cover bite sized topics. This will be enough to show you what tools are available in Blender to get you to the point of actually building a 3D object. If you can create a box and cylinder object in Blender and then move, rotate and scale those objects to where you want to put them, then you can start making models for train simulators. Learning texturing, animation and exporting can come later.

After watching the fundamentals videos, I would suggest watching the first 26 minutes of the following video on making a low poly vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkg7Ol2jEjs

This video will show how to get a reference image into Blender so you can start to build a 3D shape to the proportions of a real world object. Beyond 26 minutes, examples of lighting and rendering are shown which is not strictly required when making models for train simulation.

In the videos above, the presenters have enabled their key presses to be displayed on screen so this can make things a little clearer.

Download Shape File Viewer (shapefileviewer25.zip) from the file library here and use it to look at other peoples models. Press the 'Backspace' key to view the model in wireframe mode. See how other modellers have used cubes and cylinders to make their parts. Use backspace to toggle between textured and wireframe mode. See if the details are modelled in 3D or are part of the texture. Then use the techniques that others have used when building your own models.

Once you have your 3D model in Blender that resembles a building, locomotive or what ever you wish to export to a train simulator, you can start to learn about texturing, animation if required and exporting the model.

Also do not be intimidated by all the available options and menus in Blender. You only need to learn a tiny fraction of all the available options in order to make models for train simulation.

Any problems, post questions.

Cheers,

Marek.

I guess the point is.... don't use a LOCO as a first project. This is one of those times where starting real small is helpful. Heck, even getting a textured BOX/CUBE into the SIM would teach you a LOT in preparation for your pièce de résistance.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Thanks a lot you all are very kind hearted I m definitely used these tutorial to make my first model and thanks a lot for everything.your suggested tutorials are very helpful and i m learning 3d modelling from these tutorials in lockdown period.have a nice day to all of you 😇