Thread: HUD Settings When game Opens

Default HUD Settings When game Opens

I don't know what in the world I did. I've notice for the following the last couple of days when I play TS2020. I bring a lot of my trains up in quick drive. I select a locomotive, the consist, the route, etc. Before, the HUD would come up by default, my reverser would be in neutral, the throttle line, if one was present would be at zero and brakes fully applied. Something changed. My reverser by default comes up in forward, the throttle line is below zero and brakes are released. The keyboard command for throttle increase (A) and decrease (D) doesn't work. When I manually move the throttle to the dotted zero line, it indicates notch 4 in the cab. The only thing I remember doing differently is playing the game in Academy. I added the GTrax CSX containers from the Transim file library. When I started having problems, I went back and removed those. cleared cache and did verify integrity of game. Problem still exist. I must have accidentally change something. I have a Dell Gaming Laptop. Perhaps I fat fingered something on the keyboard and made a change. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Derick

Quote Originally Posted by derickavery View Post
    ..... Any suggestions?
    You may be best off doing a re-install, Derick.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

How would I do a re-install?

Quote Originally Posted by derickavery View Post
    How would I do a re-install?
    Basically, you go to your Steam web-page which lists the games in your Library, choose to uninstall the TS2020 program and then re-install it.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Thanks

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled. The problem still exist. I will keep hunting to try and find out if I accidentally clicked on something that changed a keyboard setting. The other thing I forgot to mention was I tried recording in the game with this new laptop gaming computer. Instructions says to press the Microsoft icon key and G at the same time. I didn't record anything. Just investigated doing so.

Well after some going back and forth with DTG Support and sending screen shots, DTG Support figured out what the problem was. Here is what they told me to do to fix my problem:

We think we can see what you're referring to. It appears at some point your settings were set to Simple mode and, from your earlier ticket, it sounds like you were used to Expert mode that had separate controls for throttle, reverser and brakes. Please follow the instructions below to see if it changes it to what you were used to previously:

Load Steam and then navigate to your Game Library.
    Load Train Simulator and then, from the main menu, click Settings in the upper right.
    From the window that pops up, click Gameplay, then on the right where it says Train Controls, change the option from Simple Controls to Expert.
    Click Save and then try to drive a locomotive to see if the HUD is back to what you had before.