Thread: Open Rails Activity Error

Default Open Rails Activity Error

So I wrote a switching activity this morning and ran it this afternoon. Took an hour and a half to run and had no problems. The activity has the player traain stop short of the DAR mainline and wait for an RDC to clear before switching a few cars at the south end of a wye, then entering the DAR main and backing up to the M iddleton yard. After doing some work in Middleton, the train then heads back to where it started using the north leg of the wye. As I said, no problems were encountered.

During the activity I took several screenshots that I thought I would post this evening but I thought I should go back to the beginning of the activity and get a shot of the CN RSC-24s as the DAR RDC passed. Now I keep getting this error, OR drops to the desktop and this error appears.... it's the same error that's in the log. I wandered if it had anything to o with the path running through the wye and back and returning to the starting point, so I altered the path so it only goes onto the DAR mainline and has one reverse point to back into Middleton, but I'm still getting the same error... which means nothing to me and to the average user gives no clue what to look for or how to fix it.

I hope someone out there knows what it says and what I should look for.

Paul :-)

Attaching the entire openrailslog.txt file would be helpful. Zip if too large. tks.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Default Open Rails Log File for DAR

Here's the entire log file Vince. Strnge it worked fine for then entire activity but wouldn't work minutes later.

Paul

That's an automatic exception message. The only thing I can infer is that it is related to the distance of a waiting point. The fact that you didn't get the crash the first time may be because you stopped the train in a different position.

If instead you don't have waiting points in the player path, you could try removing AI trains one by one to find one which one causes the problem. I also suggest you to test the activity with the actual Unstable or OR NewYear MG release, and to set Autopilot to true; it is foreseen to force the Autopilot option to true in all OR versions (it is already in OR NewYear MG 61.2).

Thanks for the reply. I do have a waiting point for the AI traffic to do a station stop that I can't see anyway, so the first thing I'll try is removing it. I'll change to Autopilot, thanks!

Problem Solved, this is what it turned out to be.

Here's the set up, a simple meet between the player and an AI train, which was set up for the player train to stop and hold a siding, wait for the AI train to pass on the mainline, do a little work, then enter the mainline and use a reverse point to back down the main in the same direction the AI traffic had gone.

First thing I did was to remove the waiting point for the AI traffic, the station stop. I ran my player train to the junction and stopped and waited for the AI traffic. It appeared but instead of just following it's path, it turned into the player's path and once it was entirely on the player path, it disappeared.

I restored the waiting point for the AI traffic. I them cut the player path back to the siding ( part of a wye ) to before it entered the mainline, eliminating the reverse point. It's a switching activity, so you need to go into manual mode before you start switching anyway.

All is working fine again.