Thread: 2 Sound files for 3DTS_AMTRAK

Question 2 Sound files for 3DTS_AMTRAK

I was trying to fix those two lines for 3DTS F40PH locomotive' sounds. And here is below:

[SOUND DEFINITION FILE - Missing]
    The engine 3DTS_F40PH_306.ENG is missing its SOUND folder or it does not exist where the file ..\\..\\EMD_F40PH\\Sound\\F40Eng.sms
    should exist. The complete path is as follows:
    J:\1MSTS\TRAINS\TRAINSET\3DTS_AMTRAK\
    The error was found on this line: Sound ( "..\\..\\EMD_F40PH\\Sound\\F40Eng.sms" )
    There may be a space error, check that there is a space between the parens and the quote.

--------------------------------------------------
    The engine 3DTS_F40PH_306.ENG is missing its SOUND folder or it does not exist where the file ..\\..\\EMD_F40PH\\Sound\\F40Cab.sms
    The error was found on this line: Sound ( "..\\..\\EMD_F40PH\\Sound\\F40Cab.sms" )
    There may be a space error, check that there is a space between the parens and the quote.

Conbuilder kept telling me that there is a space in both lines but I don't see any space as I keep checking and checking in WordPad? Can you see any space with those two lines. If you do and let me know about this. Or did I do wrong with Common Sound lines.

Let me know about this,

Thank you,

John

Hi John,
    You haven't told us what loco you're having these problems with, but the messages indicate that it can't find the EMD_F40PH loco's SOUND folder. It's nothing to do with any Common Sound folder. It's very likely that you don't have the EMD_F40PH loco installed, or if you do, the folder doesn't have that exact name!

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Ged,

Hi Ged,

I realized that is my mistake and still trying to fix my sound problem. And here is the zip file of 3DTS AMTRAK sound file in WordPad. Maybe you can tell me what to fix this problem? IF anyone else would like to look into this and feel free to look and tell me what have I missed the files for the sound folder.

Thank you,

John
    Attached Files Attached Files

It would appear that the sound folder is missing?
    Cheers
    Derek

The Sound folder is there inside beside the Cabview folder in the main folder of 3DTS_AMTRAK. I am not sure what else to fix this sound file.

John

The attached file states:- J:\1MSTS\TRAINS\TRAINSET\3DTS_AMTRAK\.

and above you have:- The error was found on this line: Sound ( "..\\..\\EMD_F40PH\\Sound\\F40Eng.sms" )
    Cheers
    Derek

Well my friend -- The Sound folder is all fixed now. And ran through Conbuilder to check the missing files and show me zero with four 3DTS_AMTRAK locomotives. What I did is to search the file in TRAINSET and found several same name files in other locomotive's sound. And all I did is to copy/paste the files that are needed in 3DTS_AMTRAK Sound folder. Now off to do train simulator in Open Rails with 3DTS Tehachapi Pass II route.

Thank you,

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    I was trying to fix those two lines for 3DTS F40PH locomotive' sounds. And here is below:

The engine 3DTS_F40PH_306.ENG is missing its SOUND folder or it does not exist where the file ..\\..\\EMD_F40PH\\Sound\\F40Eng.sms
    The error was found on this line: Sound ( "..\\..\\EMD_F40PH\\Sound\\F40Eng.sms" )

The engine 3DTS_F40PH_306.ENG is missing its SOUND folder or it does not exist where the file ..\\..\\EMD_F40PH\\Sound\\F40Cab.sms
    The error was found on this line: Sound ( "..\\..\\EMD_F40PH\\Sound\\F40Cab.sms" )

Conbuilder kept telling me that there is a space in both lines but I don't see any space as I keep checking and checking in WordPad? Can you see any space with those two lines. If you do and let me know about this. Or did I do wrong with Common Sound lines.

Let me know about this,

Thank you,

John
    John, The message says "There may be a space error," not "There is a space error,". Not using quotes when there is a space in a path is a common error, so that is just a hint of where to look. If there is no space error, then the problem is the file is missing from the path or the name of the path was misquoted.

The message tells you that the sound file F40Cab.sms referenced in J:\1MSTS\TRAINS\TRAINSET\3DTS_AMTRAK\3DTS_F40PH_306.ENG file cannot be found in the path "..\\..\\EMD_F40PH\\Sound\\F40Cab.sms". So here are the steps need to resolve this alias problem:
    1. Do you have the folder J:\1MSTS\TRAINS\TRAINSET\EMD_F40PH ? If Yes go to next step. If No then locate EMD_F40PH engine files and install them or alias sound to another SMS.
    2. Is there a F40Cab.sms file in the EMD_F40PH\Sound Folder. If Yes the scratch your head and ask "What the heck?". If No then locate EMD_F40PH sound file and install them or alias sound to another SMS.

Now as to your error: The original 3dTrainStuff's Amtrak engines had sound lines pointing to SMS files in the internal \TRAINSET\3DTS_AMTRAK\Sound folder. Why were yours aliased to another sound set? Were you trying to alias them to the sound set located in ...\Common.Snd\EMD_F40PH folder? Then your sound lines should have read:
    Sound ( ""..\\..\\Common.Snd\\EMD_F40PH\\F40Eng.sms"
    and
    Sound ( ""..\\..\\Common.Snd\\EMD_F40PH\\F40Cab.sms"
    Charles

Charles -- Thank you for your tip about your helpful information. Next time I will remember for this.

John