Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Question about old SLI set.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    THE ISSUE, that started this thread is that the repaint policy has been scuppered by withdrawal of some of the old models? A solution might be that these older models (many folk won't touch them because of the "wheels issue") could be made available as freeware? or even better for a Charity donation? Sadly quite a few repaints in the library now have unavailable base models. This is in part due to the many variations to some locomotive types that SLI produced.
    If I'm not mistaken, most, if not all of the older "flintstone" wheeled models were dumped here in this file library along with some models that hadn't even been released yet at SLI. The fact that they are still plugging along after having what was basically their entire locomotive model catalog released as freeware is remarkable in and of itself.
    As far as I can see, the GP9 packs and some of the SD50/60 catalog aren't available anymore. But all I see is a handful of repaints for those. Are there any others I'm missing?
    Bottom line is still the same as it's been for a long while: in general, the repainters now a days are few and far between, and the majority of those are not releasing anything ( or selling them to desperate simmers lol )...

    On a different note, does anyone know if the archive page at DW is active, as in, purchases can be made from it?
    -Mike

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brough UK
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mword77 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, most, if not all of the older "flintstone" wheeled models were dumped here in this file library along with some models that hadn't even been released yet at SLI. The fact that they are still plugging along after having what was basically their entire locomotive model catalog released as freeware is remarkable in and of itself.
    As far as I can see, the GP9 packs and some of the SD50/60 catalog aren't available anymore. But all I see is a handful of repaints for those. Are there any others I'm missing?
    Bottom line is still the same as it's been for a long while: in general, the repainters now a days are few and far between, and the majority of those are not releasing anything ( or selling them to desperate simmers lol )...

    On a different note, does anyone know if the archive page at DW is active, as in, purchases can be made from it?
    I would like to see the SD50/60 and GP9 return.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    known universe
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mword77 View Post
    On a different note, does anyone know if the archive page at DW is active, as in, purchases can be made from it?
    Go ahead and try, I just did, clicked in the "Check out with PayPal" button and the correct purchase page appeared.

    AFAIK Diesels West has not stopped selling to anyone that can make a legitimate purchase.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wareham, Dorset, U.K.
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Go ahead and try, I just did, clicked in the "Check out with PayPal" button and the correct purchase page appeared.

    AFAIK Diesels West has not stopped selling to anyone that can make a legitimate purchase.
    ...and a link to that page is what Gerry? All I get is a page where there's an Archive section.... which does not have the same links that the original site had. There was a prominent display of a Penn Central set... I don't see that on the page my link shows?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    known universe
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    ...and a link to that page is what Gerry? All I get is a page where there's an Archive section.... which does not have the same links that the original site had. There was a prominent display of a Penn Central set... I don't see that on the page my link shows?
    I found a set that I hadn't purchased...purchased the set using PayPal...now I admit it wasn't as straightforward as it used to be, links were all operable but kinda "hinky"...hard to describe...round-about ....but finally ended up at PayPal and completed the purchase. Now we wait until I receive a download link. Will report when that happens.

    I did start at the "Archive" link on the main page and went from there, did not have to "log-in" or anything, just picked what I wanted, but like I said....purchasing path not as straight forward as it used to be.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wareham, Dorset, U.K.
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    The two sets that had grabbed my attention before it all went pear shaped were the Rock (2part) set and a new Penn Central set. No sign of those when I looked?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    267

    Default

    The Rock Island EMDs are still available but the Uboats are gone. Glad I got them when they first came out. And the updates.
    Still running them today, even with the Flintstone wheels.

    Randy

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wareham, Dorset, U.K.
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    The Rock Island EMDs are still available but the Uboats are gone. Glad I got them when they first came out. And the updates.
    Still running them today, even with the Flintstone wheels.

    Randy
    "The Flintstone Wheels" ......well obviously round ones are better but just like cine film which is really a series of 24 still pictures shown on a moving reel.... Yep once they're moving the film looks like a movie and the wheels, they pretty much look round LOL!
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    known universe
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    The DW order - got an email with a download link at 1:53PM (PST) --- link worked...everything okay. ...now back to SLI.

    There's a 30%-off sale on, for all who wanted the new Mullan Pass route.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.


  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    Thanks for that Gerry. I had seemed to remember something about not getting links from the archive page, good to hear that was probably me just 'misremembering' as Roger Clemens once said. Being home an extended bit here has me trying to pick up some stuff I've put off due to lack of time over the years, and the SLI sale will help as well.
    -Mike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •