Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: B&O C&O in the mid to late 80s

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .Texas
    Posts
    1,267

    Default B&O C&O in the mid to late 80s

    B&O coal train get ready to head west. Various units in the servicing facility.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .Texas
    Posts
    1,267

    Default Allegamy eastbound

    A B&O (Chessie) eastbound manifest crawls up the steep grades.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3

    Default

    Nice memories from the Chessie era - which was when I came of age. It was rare to see two SD40-2's together - there weren't that many of them. C&O/B&O bought a bunch of SD35's and SD40's but I think they soured on the six motors in the seventies and just bought a great fleet of GP40-2 units.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .Texas
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    Nice memories from the Chessie era - which was when I came of age. It was rare to see two SD40-2's together - there weren't that many of them. C&O/B&O bought a bunch of SD35's and SD40's but I think they soured on the six motors in the seventies and just bought a great fleet of GP40-2 units.
    My memories of Chessie and B&O came back in the 80s here in Texas!! Santa Fe became power short and leased a number of GP40s! I'm taking a break from the new stuff and finding a BIG interest in Southern and Chessie System. I would give ANYTHING if payware vendors would at least consider doing older U-boat GEs for both roads.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .Texas
    Posts
    1,267

    Default Very early CSX

    CSX trains with various power and paint combinations.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .Texas
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    A hot westbound mixed intermodal has a colorful consist heading through town.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    UP's dead Santa Barbara Sub
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Man, that route looks great. Gotta love that older power!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .Texas
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    Man, that route looks great. Gotta love that older power!
    That route is a tuff nut to crack, but I'm working on it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    UP's dead Santa Barbara Sub
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman_47 View Post
    That route is a tuff nut to crack, but I'm working on it.
    Wouldn't say you're "working on it". I'd say you're succeeding!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .Texas
    Posts
    1,267

    Default Early CSX in Ohio

    More manifest trains on a secondary line from Ohio to Indiana.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •