Thread: New to OR and having an issue with Sandpatch

Default New to OR and having an issue with Sandpatch

Good evening,
    After being away from MSTS for several years I dove back in over the weekend and started putting all my pay routes back on my computer and running them with Open Rails for the first time. The only route that I can't seem to run any activities on is MLT's Sandpatch. It gets to the load screen with the route map then crashes out no matter what activity I choose. The route was installed from the vendors disk with no changes. The other MLT products I have work just fine, Cascade and Rogers Pass.

Any help would be great

Thanks
    Erik
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by spoony1999; 05-18-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Your machine is too slow to load the route. ( I have the same trouble )

You need to use the OR MG build at:- http://www.interazioni-educative.it/Downloads/index.php

You can change an option to disable the watchdog timer, so the route will load.
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post

You need to use the OR MG build at:- http://www.interazioni-educative.it/Downloads/index.php

Thanks I’ll give that a shot tomorrow after work. Like I said all my other pay routes work just fine on Open Rails even something as extensive as 3D’s Feather River. So I was shocked when old Sandpatch wouldn’t load up.

Quote Originally Posted by spoony1999 View Post
    Thanks I’ll give that a shot tomorrow after work. Like I said all my other pay routes work just fine on Open Rails even something as extensive as 3D’s Feather River. So I was shocked when old Sandpatch wouldn’t load up.
    That is because Feather River only has a couple of bugs for OR to report. Fix all the bugs in Sandpatch and try again.

Its not uncommon for select early MSTS payware routes to have eng and wag variances that were never 100% accurate for MSTS long ago, or have scenery shapes built uniquely that throw all kinds of errors today, and lord only knows what issues they might bring to ORTS on any machine with only 0.5 gb of video ram.

Unknown how many people who stuck with simming constantly over the years have already replaced the original payware stock and their factory-buggy wags with improved replacements as they came along.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Its not uncommon for select early MSTS payware routes to have eng and wag variances that were never 100% accurate for MSTS long ago, or have scenery shapes built uniquely that throw all kinds of errors today, and lord only knows what issues they might bring to ORTS on any machine with only 0.5 gb of video ram.

Unknown how many people who stuck with simming constantly over the years have already replaced the original payware stock and their factory-buggy wags with improved replacements as they came along.
    Yes I'm looking for a new video card

Quote Originally Posted by spoony1999 View Post
    Yes I'm looking for a new video card
    Wow. A new video card.
    I've never had one of those.
    My kids always got new video cards while dad always got their used ones.
    Currently running a GTX770 w/4 gigs of ram. Found it in a bin at the recycle yard, along with 32 gigs of matched RAM.
    That's where I do a lot of shopping.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    Wow. A new video card.
    I've never had one of those.
    My kids always got new video cards while dad always got their used ones.
    Currently running a GTX770 w/4 gigs of ram. Found it in a bin at the recycle yard, along with 32 gigs of matched RAM.
    That's where I do a lot of shopping.

Randy
    With no kids sports due to C-19, dad (me) has some extra money laying around :-)

Go check out the recycle yard. You'd be surprised what people throw away.
    And it's free.

Randy

Qualifier: I live in a small town so it's easier to get to know the people that work there.

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post

That did the trick. Thanks for the help