Thread: Adding shapes with the ruler function

Default Adding shapes with the ruler function

Has anybody succesfully added some shapes with the ruler function? I can add the existing templates but there are obviously no textures for these. I did not manage to add my own shapes to the templates. The "Add shapes" button doesn't do anything.
    This would be a very interesting and useful feature.

Goku told me in his forum, that this feature only works in TSRE not in OR. What a pity!

re: adding shapes with ruler....
    You cannot "add shapes" with OR so could you explain in more detail?

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

When the ruler tool is selected in TSRE, there is on the left side under the two buttons for creating and removing road paths the selection of Shape templates. After selecting one of the templates e.g. electric50mh, one can place a textureless 50m high electric pylon + the cables in a kind of procedural fashion, i.e. the length of the cables is variable with the ruler tool. Looks quite nice but is sadly not available (doesnt work) within OR. There are templates for tracks and catenary, too.

The future you describe is part of Goku's incomplete work on procedural shapes. The future isn't complete and doesn't work to the best of my knowledge.

Robert

Thanks to both. Yes, I forgot he was/is still working on procedural objects.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Can't spell at times.

Future should be Feature.

Argh!

Robert