Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to edit a Route with Dynamic Tracks?

I have already got a backup of the route and try the convert option but after editing not happed to the route but when I run Clrdb on Route Riter and delete non wanted part of the route the error happens. That is the issue?

A route tsection.dat made using the original default global tsection.dat will have section numbers starting about 376. A route tsection.dat made using the standardized global tsection.dat will have section numbers starting at 40000.To work on a route that has the first version will need to be updated using the Horace utility which will renumber the dynamic track sections and update the route tsection.dat. Horace is part of the tk_utils pack available in the file library here.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Can you tell me how can we use Horace for that.

Run Horace.exe. There is a help tab with instructions. As always, make a route backup first in case things go pear-shaped.

Horace is not required. TSRE conversion does the same thing. Just load not yet broken route -> choose convert option -> save -> quit.
    This function is experimental but works for all my routes which were made using old tsection global file.

http://www.onrails.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=159

Is there a way to rebuild the track database without MSRE. Just Curious

And I think you community are not understanding the problem cause so I think I will upload a video with the issue so you can help me better.

Thanks in Advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Parth3315* View Post
    The new version of TSRE says this when i go to the route. But i also want to edit the route so i cannot choose Disable TDB edit.

Attachment 79384
    As Goku has stated, TSRE can now do what Horace does. It will sync the route tsection.dat with the Global tsection.dat and alter each affected world file so that when you edit the tracks in the route, it does not get trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Parth3315* View Post
    Is there a way to rebuild the track database without MSRE. Just Curious

And I think you community are not understanding the problem cause so I think I will upload a video with the issue so you can help me better.

Thanks in Advance.
    MSRE is the only tool that can do a tdb rebuild, but you must follow specific rules for it to be successful.

Ive asked for a rebuild tool in TSRE but it seems like the author of TSRE does not seem to want to respond to this request or care.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Quote Originally Posted by cnwfan View Post
    Ive asked for a rebuild tool in TSRE but it seems like the author of TSRE does not seem to want to respond to this request or care.
    As have others.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub