Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: How to edit a Route with Dynamic Tracks?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    28

    Default

    During testing somethings i have learned that the route does not appear to work right after first step which is reindexing the tsection using horace. Maybe it can help you.

  2. #32

    Default

    the route does not appear to work right
    That is not helpful.
    If you want the error investigated you'll have to provide error logs or better information.

    If you're using the MSTS editors (which don't provide any error information) then you are on your own.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

    On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Here is a video on how the error is happening.


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK.
    Posts
    6,879

    Default

    I see the problem, I got a similar result on this route using Horace. If you reinstall GST and then use tsre 0.698 it will do a conversion that works.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    28

    Default

    It appears to work after the tsre conversion but i am making a merged route project and for that i need to run clrdb, after that it make dynamic tracks near Kollam Junction non usable. How can i fix that issue after using clrdb of route riter.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK.
    Posts
    6,879

    Default

    It does work, period. Now you are referring to merging two routes. It is this that has made the dynamic track unusable. That may have been caused by something you have done or not done during the merge project. If you have not already found it, https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...t=merge+routes post #9 has a zip download that contains detailed observations of the different methods of route merge and usage of the required tools.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    28

    Default

    On what page can i find the solution of the issue i am having?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK.
    Posts
    6,879

    Default

    the link contains a zipped document that has explanations of what action does what. clrdb compares route databases and deletes those parts which are deemed to be not required. It is this action which is most likely removing the dynamic track. if you make a copy of the local tdb, you may be able to copy/paste those deleted entries back into the file. That would depend on if the tdb has been renumbered and if the respective world files have also been rewritten. If that is the case, your only course of action is to relay the missing track as part of the merge procedure.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •