Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by EricF View Post
    34" ultrawide 3440x1440 -- Originally ran with a GTX 1080 which handled it just fine; upgraded earlier this year to an RTX 2080 Super. Way overkill for Open Rails, and MSTS will crash unless I lower the desktop resolution before launching it.
    In your opinnion would you say a 2070 Super would be better suited? According to a couple bottleneck calulators, my I7 7700K will run a 2070 Super with less than a 10% bottleneck while being overclocked 15%.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Oh I also picked up an Acer 27" 1440P 144hz monitor and the image quality is way nicer that the older 1080P 60hz monitor I was using.

Both cards will run OR for many years without any bottlenecks.

There is no better of worse, its down to budget.
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Both cards will run OR for many years without any bottlenecks.

There is no better of worse, its down to budget.
    Ok, what I am trying to do is find out if there is anymore room for improvement that can be made in my system to help with FPS. I have one activity on Mullan Pass (Double Empty Grain) at the beginning in Missoula where I have the FPS dip down to 27FPS when viewing the rear of the train but the cab view generates over 90FPS and climbs to 144FPS once I get just out of town.

What is it you perceive to see at 27fps that is annoying? I ask because some people, not saying you, simply get hung up on numbers even when there is little to no visual loss of smoothness.
    I see 27fps, and I have one hell of a time finding room to complain about anything. Maybe it's just my eyes?
    As well, some people will confuse stuttering and lower fps, which can be caused by different hardware components, for different reasons.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    What is it you perceive to see at 27fps that is annoying? I ask because some people, not saying you, simply get hung up on numbers even when there is little to no visual loss of smoothness.
    I see 27fps, and I have one hell of a time finding room to complain about anything. Maybe it's just my eyes?
    As well, some people will confuse stuttering and lower fps, which can be caused by different hardware components, for different reasons.
    Just trying to find the happy medium. I have adjusted some setting down and have gainied almost 25FPS but there is a 1-2 second delay of loading the train wheN I switch camera views.

Quote Originally Posted by trainmanaustin View Post
    but there is a 1-2 second delay of loading the train wheN I switch camera views.

We all get that. Regardless of our monitor/gfx choices. More of an OR distance loading design/high poly car thing.

I run 3840 x 2160 on a 42" 4K tv with a 1080ti watercooled. FPS can vary from 30's to 300's . I run everthing on win 10 at same resolution - - no prob .

Quote Originally Posted by bwbrgb View Post
    I run 3840 x 2160 on a 42" 4K tv with a 1080ti watercooled. FPS can vary from 30's to 300's . I run everthing on win 10 at same resolution - - no prob .
    2560X1440 on a 27" monitor here with a GTX1660TI and with the latest MG version 76FPS is my max and 23FPS min with windows 10.

I have had an iiyama 28 inch monitor for the last 4 years, or, so, and have never had a problem with it. I might upgrade to a 32 inch in future, but, that's just vanity rather than anything else, as I also use my monitor as a tv, so, watching football and other sports is better on a bigger screen.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.