Thread: Signalling Centre Software

Default Signalling Centre Software

Hello Train Sim Users!
    This is my first post and I am hoping that someone might be able to point me in the direction of a Signalling Centre Software simulator package. I've recently acquired the user manual for the Signalling Centre Software Edinburgh SC simulator released in 1996. From what I've read, Signalling Centre Software was created by Andrew George and sadly stopped operating in 2014. I've found a few articles on here about some of their releases in the early 2000s but that's about it. Does anyone have a copy of one of their simulators or know who to speak to about getting one?
    Best regards,
    Gav.

I've tried putting their URL in the Wayback Machine but doesn't seem to want to bring up any archived pages, which would be your best chance of grabbing any files.

Be aware though if it was payware, even though the programme is abandoned, it is against the forum rules to ask people to send copies of the software.

Have you tried SimSig, I know they had a version covering much of Central Scotland. It was quite tricky and when I tried it had trains queued back to Falkirk trying to keep the Queen Street evening peak running.

Via Google Chrome I got the link up and running, looks like you can grab a demo version of Edinburgh but it is a MS-DOS programme so will need DOS-Box/D-Fend to run it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20021212.../software.html

Further Edit:

The files are only the demo version and won't run in Windows 10, so as it appears the developer did not unlock the software before going dark what I posted above stands, unfortunately. Other than (maybe) running the demo in DODBox (which I'm about to try) it's gone.
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 05-21-2020 at 11:21 AM.
    Vern.

Further bad news, I just got the demo up and running in DFend/DOSBox and it promptly crashed...
    Vern.