Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DAR Extra 8133 South

Default DAR Extra 8133 South

Extra 8133 South was the return movement of Train 24 that departed Kenville at 0900 and worked it's way to Windsor. The train was not liked by the crew which was normally made up of junior men. Long hours, working outside in whatever the weather, having to wait for any other train, and to top that off, Kentville to Windsor and back was only 61 miles... and the job paid by the mile.

Extra 8133 South waits in the Windsor yard for M-21 to head north.

8133 waits in the hole for a northbound empty gypsum train to go by.

Made it to the Hantsport yard but have to stay clear of the mainline for Train 50 before they can start their switching.

Swithing a few cars for Minas Basin Pulp and Paper.

After spotting a few cars in Port Williams, the crew heads for New Minas.

Three cars for Maritime Co-op in New Minas today.

Next stop, Kentville.

An eight hour day for little pay!

Paul :-)

Errr No pictures coming up here Paul? The thread seems to take an age to load and after several seconds of whirling refresh wheel just shows the text?

These aren't Open Rails .png files are they?

I've asked before why OR saves screen grabs as .png's? It's a format only loved by Web Site designers as far as I can see and creates ludicrously large files.

BTW I have pretty high speed fibre broadband so it's not my connection that's the issue.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Morning Geoff,

Not sure what the problem is, but I would think it's at your end. These are all jpegs at ranging from 286 kb to 499 kb. I would appear the 57 other people have view this thread and no one else had trouble viewing it.

I've been using imgbox.com if that makes any difference. If you can see the shots I uploaded of the CN way freight in Middleton earlier yesterday, you should have no problem with these.

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    Morning Geoff,

Not sure what the problem is, but I would think it's at your end. These are all jpegs at ranging from 286 kb to 499 kb. I would appear the 57 other people have view this thread and no one else had trouble viewing it.

I've been using imgbox.com if that makes any difference. If you can see the shots I uploaded of the CN way freight in Middleton earlier yesterday, you should have no problem with these.

Hi Paul,

Well I guess it must be my end but here's what I found. I generally use Chrome so I tried Edge, same result. Then I tried IE and this time I got little black boxes with crosses in. Chrome and Edge just white spaces. I right clicked on the crosses and there in properties was the address of the image. Copied the address into the browser address bar and it refused to load So looks like my security software may be blocking that site? It's rare for it to obviously block anything. Typing this on a different box so it's not just my PC. Odd I should be the only one having this issue.
    Geoff
    UK

Hi Geoff !
    I use Firefox and Brave . No problems with either one .

Just Sayin'

And I've been using opera for a few years. I switched to imgbox probably two years ago after Photobucket dropped their free accounts, so if you have seen anything I've posted in the last two years you shouldn't have a problem with these unless it is a security setting that was updated and is blocking what I would think would be classed as an outside link or some kind of redirect.

No problem here, page and all the pictures loaded in two seconds. I use Firefox also.
    Jim

Well I searched your previous posts and found images missing there too.... BUT in one of these links there was an address for the image (I'm back in Chrome) BUT no image showing. SO.... I copied and pasted that into the browser and hey presto the image appeared?!?!

Went back to the ts page and suddenly the image was displaying there too! Came back to this post and again all images now showing????

Not changed anything this end. Default setting for chrome (which I checked) is "Display all Images".

Don't ya just LUV IT
    Geoff
    UK

If you have Windows it's a Microsoft product, you can expect it to work properly all the time.

Paul,

Excellent screenshots as always. I enjoyed running DAR v2 and am looking forward to diving in to v3 when its available.

EK