Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yard Shots in a specific era.

Default Yard Shots in a specific era.

Post your pics of some yard action in any era!

In this series, its summer of 1978 on the Northland Railway at Lake view yard in the heart of this fictitious railroad. A month old set of SD40-2 units shows class unit 6400 with a salute to the upcoming winter Olympics 1980. They're waiting for the board to cross over ahead of the trimmer and tie onto their eastbound inter modal train.

SW1500 trimmer job struggling with a long cut of cars to assemble in the departure yard

Brand new switchers for the Western Railway that will be part of pickup for WE-8, which originates at Hull deep in the heart of the Northland Railway system. WE-8 is an expediter that hustles bridge traffic to the Western Railway, UP and other west coast connections.

A Milwaukee transfer drags into the west end of the yard.

A hot piggybacker on the main at the east entrance to Lakeview Yard ...WEX-44 finds Bicentennial Caboose 1776 showing some wear a few years after the 1976 celebration!

Last edited by chosenfrozen44; 05-22-2020 at 03:53 AM.
    CG

Chuck, your railroads are always fresh and interesting - and well put together. Nice touch with the Olympic emblems!
    I need to dig some stuff up to add.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenfrozen44 View Post
    Post your pics of some yard action in any era!

In this series, its summer of 1978 on the Northland Railway at Lake view yard in the heart of this fictitious railroad. A month old set of SD40-2 units shows class unit 6400 with a salute to the upcoming winter Olympics 1980. They're waiting for the board to cross over ahead of the trimmer and tie onto their eastbound inter modal train.

SW1500 trimmer job struggling with a long cut of cars to assemble in the departure yard

excellent materials and prints of the route
    Chimbica Dash8

Quote Originally Posted by anderson martins View Post
    excellent materials and prints of the route
    .....which route is it and is it modified?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    .....which route is it and is it modified?
    This is a heavily modified Buffalo Route with about 15-22 tiles added on. The scenes in this thread are a modified area that on actual Buffalo was a PC yard at 43.1144/79.0177 if you view it in the RE/OR route editor. Much respect and admiration for Teemu Saukkonen...the guy is incredible on what he created. I felt bad taking all his catenary down for the Narragansett electrified.....actually thought of keeping it and creating another railroad for it....but. MHO the original Buffalo route is my favorite......I am about 30% complete after 4=5 years of work....I promised myself ...NO MORE ADDING TILES....well at least until I get on the other end. SO what I am working on is a combination ....fictitious combination...of Buffalo, Chicago, Duluth-Superior areas.....with factitious names of places honoring players, broadcasters and a few other people....from my favorite Hockey team the Chicago Blackhawks. IF...there ever ia away possible to upload it....and I doubt that due to a ton of payware things in there.....Id do it....permissions would take a very long time.

Thanks Everyone for the interest.
    CG

Indeed Teemu's Route is brilliant. It just cries out for extension? Being a hub it could be extended in so many different directions.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Reply to all.

While I get how you take the screen shot(s), how do you make OR look like that? You use photoshop/GIMP? If there are settings in OR, what are your settings? Please include after going to options, which tabs too (Video, Experimental Options)

Please and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by trpted View Post
    Reply to all.

While I get how you take the screen shot(s), how do you make OR look like that? You use photoshop/GIMP? If there are settings in OR, what are your settings? Please include after going to options, which tabs too (Video, Experimental Options)

Please and thank you
    answering you:

Your question was not very clear.

from what I understood in your questioning, the answer is: PRINT THE SCREEN AND THEN COPY. - about modifications, they are additions of materials in the original route.
    Chimbica Dash8

Quote Originally Posted by anderson martins View Post
    answering you:

Your question was not very clear.

from what I understood in your questioning, the answer is: PRINT THE SCREEN AND THEN COPY. - about modifications, they are additions of materials in the original route.
    I dont necessarily think its anything I did or any settings.....But I have noticed the place I store my pics has an incredible auto correct......looking at my pics stored there, the direct links makes them pop out at you......
    CG

Quote Originally Posted by chosenfrozen44 View Post
    I dont necessarily think its anything I did or any settings.....But I have noticed the place I store my pics has an incredible auto correct......looking at my pics stored there, the direct links makes them pop out at you......
    I think trpted (Junior Member) will understand, chosenfrozen44's.
    Your prints are very well done.
    Chimbica Dash8