Thread: Animated Turntable - requested

Default Animated Turntable - requested

I went to File Library -> View File Collection -> Open Rails Misc and browsed around.

In there I found OpenRails Nine Track, 100 foot Transfer Table - which is animated in Open Rails.

Kind of wondering why there is no animated Turntables, yet in there.

Please someone, kindly, please make an animated Turntable for Open Rails.

Note if you search for Transfer Table you will find out that someone made the other Transfer Table (file ID l36xftbl.zip ) animated.

Please and thank you.

Turntables are already animated. Method is in the OR manual. It tells you how to use them, how the world file entry must look like and how to set one up in the trk file along with an example dat file to animate it.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

I did include an updated shape in the latest Xtracks for the default turntable to help make the setup easier.

Robert

I have a question. The track section used for the turntable, can it be any track section? I may need to build a couple of these and there is a bridge track that is close to the prototype length of the turntable bridge.

Paul :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    I did include an updated shape in the latest Xtracks for the default turntable to help make the setup easier.

Robert
    Robert, can you please tell me where I will find this.

xtracks.zip

The textures for the default turntable are in the US2 or Marias Pass route folders. Anyone who used the default turntable in it's static form, probably has already copied the required textures to the route in question.

In order to get these turntables to work in ORTS, you still need to follow the instructions in the ORTS manual or on www.Elvastower.com.

All I did was make the task easier by making the required changes to the .S file and included in the updated Xtracks for ease of use by route developers.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    I have a question. The track section used for the turntable, can it be any track section? I may need to build a couple of these and there is a bridge track that is close to the prototype length of the turntable bridge.

I suppose it can be any track section you like, as long as it is renamed to suit turntable operation. You will of course need to put the pivot point in the right place.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

OK, this sounds fun!

Thanks,

Remember however that turntables must have entries in tsection.dat.
    So, if a turntable using specific track sections is generated, it must have its own entry in tsection.dat, or, as explained in the manual, a route-specific extension of tsection.dat must be inserted in the route's Openrails subfolder.
    I'm not sure whether such route-specific extension is read by TSRE5. If it is not read, then first the base tsection.dat should be modified adding the turntable, the turntable should be laid down with TSRE5, and when operation with TSRE5 is finished, the default tsection.dat may be restored. In both cases the route-specific extension of tsection.dat can be generated from the beginning and located in the route's Openrails subfolder.