Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back to the Maine Central Railroad

Great work Shawn...not into MC but they look so good that I will enjoy to have them..

I think that, when realesed, they will be seen north of the border, in Québec...

Thanks for all the comments guys. I grew up along the old Maine Central Rumford Branch, so I've seen at a very young age, the mix of MEC Gold, B&M Blue, Guilford Gray, and ex CR Blue's plus ex NW Blacks roam around a lot. I was way too young, to recall what anything was, but I do remember the colors well. I had several relatives on both sides of the family work for Maine Central throughout the years, and most recently I had the chance for a bit to work on the line out of Rumford for Watco Companies before coming back to VRS.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Very nice work!

I picked up the MEC book from Railroad Explorer recently http://railroadexplorer.com/ authored by a life long MEC station agent / clerk / dispatcher. Mentioned how the lack of long sidings on the Mountain usually meant they tried to get the eastbound from St Johnsbury into Waterville before they turned the westbound loose out of Waterville, so no meets between the big trains were needed. There were some photos of exceptions, with trains crowding the fouling point of 1 of the 2 long sidings on the line. Book also mentions how the sale of Mattewamkeag to Vanceboro to CP in 1974, reversing the owner/tenant relationship of that segment, is what provided the funds for the 1975 purchase of the U18Bs
    I have this exact book. An amazing read, with some incredible photos. My great uncle was in a few, though not mentioned, in the Lewiston, Maine area, as that was his terminal, so that was neat to see.

Quote Originally Posted by michelouim View Post
    Great work Shawn...not into MC but they look so good that I will enjoy to have them..

I think that, when realesed, they will be seen north of the border, in Québec...
    Actually, these locomotives did venture north of the border years ago, when MEC had a line into Canada via Beecher Falls/Stewartstown, on the Quebec Mainline of the Mountain Division route.

Every train during the early 80's always had a lovely caboose at the end, so I can't forget about these guys!

https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

It's all looking good Shawn!
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

I'm on a roll! Boxcars. While these are not 100 percent correct as I want. They do however have the correct ends, while the rest of the SLI/TS stock has totally different ends for their 50' sliding door boxcars. These here are done on the CP boxcar, I forget what package it came in honestly, considering the amount of stock I own from SLI/TS, and the fact some stock has since been vanished from the TS website. Anyways..

Seriously drool-worthy... nice work.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Hi Folks,

Superb work - harvest yellow and pine tree green makes for one of then most appealing schemes ever - I’m partial to Maine as well so I guess my opinion is biased.

Look’n real good.

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for kind comments. Though I should get back to tinkering on the route for this equipment.. However, a few more numbers won't hurt right?

Kind of looking at some older CP, stock too.

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    Though I should get back to tinkering on the route for this equipment.. However, a few more numbers won't hurt right?
    A New England Route?! You've got my attention Shawn. From where to where? Looking at these skins reminds me of several pictures of this livery going over Crawford Notch

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    Kind of looking at some older CP, stock too.
    Recently suggested that TS could widen their appeal by producing some State of the Art models of older 50' box cars (of which there are many variations of course) as folk who like their stuff but would like (as their recent FB poll suggests) some older models could have a field day re-skinning those. Some time back SLI tried selling packs of rolling stock. I have three of them. They weren't great sellers but IMO that's because they had too little in number and variety at too high a price? That's an easy fix?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Geoff,
    I was tinkering on the Maine Central Mountain Division for a long time. I scrapped it and Sean K was kind enough to provide all fresh DEM's of the line, including the line into Beecher Falls, VT via Quebec Jct, NH. This line runs from Portland, Maine to St. Johnsbury, Vermont.

This line will be based in the 1979-1981 era, just before the take over by Guilford Transporation Industries.

A view of the Thompsons Point Yard, of the Portland Terminal Company.

Great work on the Locomotives and cars Shawn you still do way better than me in the paint deptament. I really hope you will be releasing
    the GP 9 and Caboose in the file Libaray sadly NE railraods seem to be lacking and I beleive the NE has a very very rich history of Railroads way before Conrail and the PC.