Thread: File Library Search Engine Not Working Properly?

Question File Library Search Engine Not Working Properly?

It appears that the File Library search engine does not seem to work properly. It does find some things, but doesn't appear to find specific zip files.

For example, I tried searching for file dash9cnw.zip which I know exists in the library, I've seen this file, but the search engine came back with no results!!???

Is there a bug in the search engine? Or what?

It makes locating specific files difficult if the search engine doesn't work properly!

?

Nels?

Quote Originally Posted by meeshu View Post
    It appears that the File Library search engine does not seem to work properly. It does find some things, but doesn't appear to find specific zip files.

For example, I tried searching for file dash9cnw.zip which I know exists in the library, I've seen this file, but the search engine came back with no results!!???

Is there a bug in the search engine? Or what?

It makes locating specific files difficult if the search engine doesn't work properly!

?

Nels?
    don't bother Nels, look at the screenshots.

bandicam 2020-05-22 21-23-04-690.jpg ...and>>>you get this >> bandicam 2020-05-22 21-25-14-059.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks Gerry!

I was using "Advanced Search" which doesn't return file name searches, unfortunately, instead of the "Basic Search".

Screenshot of advanced search -

FL_search (FM70).jpg

Yes. Basic Search returns files searched for by their names, contrary to Advanced Search which does not.

Advanced search DOES return file searches and DOES return dash9cnw.zip
    Cheers
    Derek

Yes, but only if you use the the box labeled "Limit searches only to files that match..." down the bottom of the advanced search dialog, as I've just found out!

But if placing file name in either of the top search boxes as shown in my screenshot, advanced search doesn't return any result; at least not for me it doesn't!?

Those top two boxes you have marked are the equivalent of the text box in the basic search. That searches the file descriptions. The bottom box is the same as the filename basic search. Using data you enter there it will find all files that match your search criteria. Note that just like the basic search you can use wildcards in the filename.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Noted, thanks!