Thread: New Regions for Run8 v3 . . .

Default New Regions for Run8 v3 . . .

. . . I read this on the "HighBall" Run8 Multiplayer site.

"We are still working on v3. Allot of new features in v3 are requiring more work than we initially thought it would take. We are also working on a few new regions for v3 which takes up allot of our time."

www.highballrun8.com

I would take it "Regions" do not means "Subs." Not to mention the "Features" that are pending. I wonder what some of them might be? I wish our friend John could throw us a bone to chew.;-)

Does anyone have any ideas on what the "New" regions might be . . . or the "Features"?

"Allot of new features in v3" ........ "takes up allot of our time".
    Why is it that many Americans use the term "allot" when what they really mean is "a lot"?

Allot means "to distribute between or among." It has a synonym - "allocate".
    A lot (two words) is a phrase meaning "many."
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Hopefully something with green hills and snow topped granite mountains...
    Vern.

They had a plan to do the Alaska Railroad once upon a time, didn't they?

Yes. But it was removed from their website like other things such as a software development kit. Honestly even in beta I have no idea what it was as I never seen it or talked about it. I really don't know anything the public already knows. All I know is I thought I seen mention of opening up editors in a message some place, but apparently that is a figment of my imagination. Perhaps SDK's, Alaska, Mo Betta train spawners, and other things was all just a dream

Thanks

Sean

We are very close to Donner Pass now, Sacramento is a dlc away, with more SP equipment that would be an amazing addition to this amazing simulation.

Quote Originally Posted by aeterna View Post
    We are very close to Donner Pass now, Sacramento is a dlc away, with more SP equipment that would be an amazing addition to this amazing simulation.
    I would assume whatever the region is, it will probably support the BNSF or SP on the west coast. But I have been wrong before. Donner Pass or an equivalent does sound plausible.

Since last upgrade (payware) BNSF Bakersfield Sub, next UP portion wouldn't feel out of the question, north thru to the general areas of Fresno/Stockton/Sacramento. That would also get other spots along that section of sub that SJVR handles as well. Exeter being home base. Along with RV/Roseville hump one day.
    Last edited by SMRY; 05-28-2020 at 11:39 AM.