Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues with TSRE5

Question Issues with TSRE5

Hello guys
    I've had a few problems with TSRE5. The first one was TSRE5 not starting up. This issue has cleared. Now I have a second problem. When I make consists and save them, and then proceed to close TSRE, they won't save. This happens everytime. Am I doing something wrong here: At first I make my train. Then I name the file, and name the display name. Then I click on file - save. Then, when I proceed to close TSRE, it says: "Save changes? ...Consist I made... Save and Quit/Discard and Quit/Cancel". When I click "Save and Quit" and reopen TSRE, the consists are gone. And when I open Open Rails, the consist aren't there either. What do I do?

Ok, so it works partially now, but only if I edit consits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Good View Post
    Hello guys
    I've had a few problems with TSRE5. The first one was TSRE5 not starting up. This issue has cleared. Now I have a second problem. When I make consists and save them, and then proceed to close TSRE, they won't save. This happens everytime. Am I doing something wrong here: At first I make my train. Then I name the file, and name the display name. Then I click on file - save. Then, when I proceed to close TSRE, it says: "Save changes? ...Consist I made... Save and Quit/Discard and Quit/Cancel". When I click "Save and Quit" and reopen TSRE, the consists are gone. And when I open Open Rails, the consist aren't there either. What do I do?
    What is the Full path to the MSTS install (The folder containing the folder Trains.) that you are editing?
    As in A:\1MSTS or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator
    Charles

Did you click on File->New before creating your first consist?

Yes, I did

It's C:\Programme(x86) (German for Program Files(x86))\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator

The worst of all possibilities!

https://www.german-railroads.de/msts_install_preface/

Greetings Jan

In case there's people following this post who don't speak German.
    Copy/Paste from another thread.
    There is no need to uninstall MSTS.

Move the Global, Sound, Routes and Trains folders to somewhere that's not in a Windows or Programs folder.
    Also helps to put an empty text file named trains.exe in there. It'll keep some programs from burping.
    C drive is fine if that's all you got. Something like C:/Trains or D:/ MSTS, doesn't matter.
    Also move your MSTS, ORTS, TSRE specific tools to a similar folder, not the same folder as your MSTS files. C:/Tools would work. Some people like to put a 1 in front of the folder names so they will filter to the top of the explorer list. C:/1_MSTS. It's up to you.
    This will save your MSTS program structure so other programs like ShapeViewer, Route_Riter, MSTS specific programs, can use the Registry entries to install and configure.
    Point your ORTS/TSRE install to your the MSTS folder you just created and go.

Hope this helps
    Randy

So, should I put it on an USB-Stick or just somewhere else?

Ok, I'll test this