Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Indian Route

Default First Indian Route

With so many downloads for Indian railways I would like to try one. Can anyone recommend a steam-era route, with activities and stock available, which I can download?

Our Indian colleagues are modelling what they see today, diesel and electric. There are a few steam locomotive models, some passenger cars and one or two freight cars, No activities made for them on any route as far as I know.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by dforrestc View Post
    With so many downloads for Indian railways I would like to try one. Can anyone recommend a steam-era route, with activities and stock available, which I can download?
    Try the Aryankavu viaduct with the excellent YP class steam locos from Pravin David. I believe some activities have been made for them as well. Search his name for the downloads in the file section

Other than that is almost exclusively modern fare (stock & routes).

G'day, All.
    I have installed the "Aryankavu viaduct route" and the stock by Pravin David all went well and even found one activity for the route. It is a picturesque route and the stock by Pravin David complements the route very well, a pity there are not any more activities for the route.
    Regards
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day, All.
    I have installed the "Aryankavu viaduct route" and the stock by Pravin David all went well and even found one activity for the route. It is a picturesque route and the stock by Pravin David complements the route very well, a pity there are not any more activities for the route.
    Regards
    Barrie
    I agree with you Barrie. A very large download for just one activity.

G'day, All.
    Regards
    Barrie
    Agree....the Indian fans seem more interested in modelling contemporary routes, stock & acitivities though.

I am working on a project covering the Khyber Pass railway, as it was in the 1920s, but progress is very slow & I do not know if or when I will release it.

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    Agree....the Indian fans seem more interested in modelling contemporary routes, stock & acitivities though.

I am working on a project covering the Khyber Pass railway, as it was in the 1920s, but progress is very slow & I do not know if or when I will release it.
    That sounds very interesting Joe. Have you any more details to share?

G'day, All.
    Regards
    Barrie

Can anyone tell me the names of the stock files needed for the one activity. They do not appear to be l listed anywhere.

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Hi

I have installed the Routs and act but cannot get it to run in OR which crashes.

I have triple checked the install against the readme and it seems fine.

I have attached the log file in case it makes sense to anyone.

Please ignore the jpg, I have no idea where it cane from or
    how to get rid of it.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Daniel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

G'day Daniel, your OR.log looks the same as mine so no clue there. The route is fairly heavy on frame rates but runs fine for me with just an occasional faint stutter, my PC is an oldy but a goody.

Processor = Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
    Memory = 4.0 GB
    Video Card = NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (1.0 GB RAM)
    Display = (1280 x 1024, 32-bit

I run with a draw distance of 3000 but to me it does not seem to detract from the look. Wish I could be of more help.
    Regards
    Barrie