Thread: Delete Object without Tracks Object

Default Delete Object without Tracks Object

Hello.

I am MSTS new user.

I want to remodel Tokyo - Hakone the old to Tokyo - Hakone the new. But, i have a problem.

How to delete object without tracks object?

I tried with .w files, but it result some errors in Route Editor.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by xkanax View Post
    Hello.

I am MSTS new user.

I want to remodel Tokyo - Hakone the old to Tokyo - Hakone the new. But, i have a problem.

How to delete object without tracks object?

I tried with .w files, but it result some errors in Route Editor.

Thank you.
    Hi & welcome to Route Editing!

What object exactly are you trying to delete?

Among non track objects are statics like buildings bridge etc, forests, transfers,

Then there are interactives: signals, speed posts, mileposts, sound sources & sound regions (track sounds).

All are essentially deleted by clicking on them in RE and choosing delete!

Editing pre-existing complete routes has some precautions that need to be observed. Any section of track you are editing should have all the interactives removed first! This is always a no-go to edit existing track with the interactives on as that always leads to database corruption!

All deletions should be done via an editor (RE or TSRE). More advanced users can work on statics directly from the w files or even interactives but any direct modification of the game files is tricky and can lead to losing your route

In all honesty, you would likely be better off starting the route from scratch. Not only is it built to rubbish MSTS standards (for one, the line is signaled for right-hand running, something Japan does not do), but they're badly skewed due to the way MSTS creates terrain. I started some track on a new Odakyu using TSRE (which avoids the skew problem) a while back. I very much recommend using TSRE for routes, as the default MSTS RE is infamous for causing problems that are difficult to fix, seemingly at random

I want to delete all objects in route, but the tracks and roads are intact.

If i do it one by one in Route Editor, it take so long.

Tokyo - Hakone by default is very dissaponted.

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    In all honesty, you would likely be better off starting the route from scratch. Not only is it built to rubbish MSTS standards (for one, the line is signaled for right-hand running, something Japan does not do), but they're badly skewed due to the way MSTS creates terrain. I started some track on a new Odakyu using TSRE (which avoids the skew problem) a while back. I very much recommend using TSRE for routes, as the default MSTS RE is infamous for causing problems that are difficult to fix, seemingly at random
    Sorry for going OT but how did you avoid the skew?

I recall it being possible to use a different projection system in TSRE. Is that what you mean? How does that translate in game though?

That's what I did [using TSRE]. I did my version with the intention of using the proper 3'6" gauge track system, as well, though a standard-gauge conversion would be a piece of cake. It's been a few months since I worked on it, but track is in from Shinjuku to maybe Shin-Yurigaoka or Machida, as it looked today, with the stretch from Shimo-Kitazawa to Kitami converted to four-track, and a couple of portions moved underground

That's what I did [using TSRE]. I did my version with the intention of using the proper 3'6" gauge track system, as well, though a standard-gauge conversion would be a piece of cake. It's been a few months since I worked on it, but track is in from Shinjuku to maybe Shin-Yurigaoka or Machida, as it looked today, with the stretch from Shimo-Kitazawa to Kitami converted to four-track, and a couple of portions moved underground
    Interesting. Which track system did you use?

I have used Via Metrica for laying metre gauge track before, but stock is really hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by xkanax View Post
    I want to delete all objects in route, but the tracks and roads are intact.

If i do it one by one in Route Editor, it take so long.

Tokyo - Hakone by default is very dissaponted.
    In that case leave MSTS Route Editor alone

Download TSRE (the download link is available in the subforum here https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/forumd...s-Route-Editor)

In TSRE you have the option of selecting every single occurance of a shape in a 3 x 3 world tiles. Use this to quickly depopulate your route of statics, while keeping your track work intact.

But honestly the trackwork in default MSTS in my opinion is even worse than the scenery......

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    Interesting. Which track system did you use?

I have used Via Metrica for laying metre gauge track before, but stock is really hard to come by.
    I used a track system that was being developed by James Hinman (inflammable). I think it can only be found via a forum post here and/or at ET (search for Cape Gauge). I expanded on it a bit, but there's effectively no stock out there in that gauge, so I used the default stock for testing and just didn't look very hard at the wheels

I used a track system that was being developed by James Hinman (inflammable). I think it can only be found via a forum post here and/or at ET (search for Cape Gauge). I expanded on it a bit, but there's effectively no stock out there in that gauge, so I used the default stock for testing and just didn't look very hard at the wheels
    Rolling stock can be regauged by manually modifying the decompressed .S files.

Its tedious and requires some automation with excel. I did it for some rolling stock for personal use in the past to fit my meter gauge track. Essentially the widths of the bogie & wheel shapes need to be scaled down accordingly