Thread: Indian rolling stock for WESTERN RWY v7 ???

Unhappy Indian rolling stock for WESTERN RWY v7 ???

Very good and healthy holiday to everyone for our war and now home-front HEROES.

I finally succeeded in getting the new version (7) of WESTERN RAILWAYS finally downloaded and installed.

there are 3 activities available to which you get the link when approved for the download. There of course is a major drawback. There are NO "Read-Me" or stock list files included in any of them. Nor is there an id.diz file to show any contact when there is a problem to be asked.

That said, first activity is for Train #22901. There are a couple of files which I can not locate anywhere. From the excellent website "Indianrailsim.com" which has a search engine if you know the WAG or ENG file name, it will tell you what ZIP file it is or embedded in and what website has the download. Searching this for the files I need as well as here at Train-Sim and "straight up" GOOGLE, shows the files are not known anywhere.

Does anyone have a clue where I might find:

1) WAP7_BRC_30484_HOG.eng located in the folder/zip file "MLW ELECTRIC LOCOS"

2) WCR_GEN_LIC.wag et al full train setof cars located in the folder/zip file "WCR_EXP_COACHES"

This is frustrating, as has been typical with some of the Indian Rwy activities not having a list of required file names or not knowing where they are located.

Know the IndianRailsim site is a golden tool as it quickly found another engine file I was missing out of the set of that electric class for one of the other consists. But ANY help or clue on these two files is greatly appreciated and will greatly eliminate the FF of this program (Frustration Factor )
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

Hi Doug,
    The WAP_BRC_30484_HOG.eng file is in ir_mlw_wap7-brc_hog.zip available from this site's library!

Cheers,
    Ged

Once again, thank you very much Ged............

Found the link and got that file. That's the sad thing about the Indian Rwy cars & engines....so many of the creators have buried them with other files so you can have 3 or 4 in the ZIP and not know it.

I am very surprised at the IndianrailSimulator website for showing it does not exist...........if there are buried files, that site usually finds them.

Now on to the quest for the Coach files.........I think it stands for Western Central Railway (WCR) as I tried a search under that and nothing. Could be another thing like the IR-ASM zip files that have a half dozen other wagons in the folder.

Thanks for your assistance
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by bootednancy View Post
    Once again, thank you very much Ged............

Found the link and got that file. That's the sad thing about the Indian Rwy cars & engines....so many of the creators have buried them with other files so you can have 3 or 4 in the ZIP and not know it.

I am very surprised at the IndianrailSimulator website for showing it does not exist...........if there are buried files, that site usually finds them.

Now on to the quest for the Coach files.........I think it stands for Western Central Railway (WCR) as I tried a search under that and nothing. Could be another thing like the IR-ASM zip files that have a half dozen other wagons in the folder.

Thanks for your assistance
    Greetings, Sir !

I'm sorry you had to face this experience. The WCR coaches are a part of a payware route and are available on a different site which can be accessed only when you buy that route. The route is fantastic. The WCR coaches are a repaint,actually !

Meanwhile, I've made a mega trainset pack of 9 Indian routes (~5GB) which is free from all sorts of errors and will be available soon for download. It is completely freeware as I've just made all of them errorless. All that stock and routes in this pack are present here,on TrainSim itself.

Moreover, you can change consists in MST AE or TSRE as per your liking. Its very easy especially the TSRE !

I just love your tagline, Sir
    PC Specs :- Intel Core2Duo [email protected] GHz, Nvidia Geforce GT 710 1GB, Samsung 4GB DDR2 RAM, Seagate 500GB HDD..
    Rail Fan & MSTS Fan.

Thank you very much Ashraf

Your reply adds more informationh to the "untold" story on this activity as well as many others.

The creators of the 3 default activities that come with Western Rwy V7 do NOTHING to explain where rolling stock for some 20 consists is gotten from.

I has been a "battle" of mine many times to have activity creators provide a list of the ZIP FILE NAMES so we know or can search for these required files. Providing just the WAG or ENG files does very little towards locating them as has been my point....many ZIP files will have 5 or 6 units hidden within the one you are looking for........my point....ASM - IR Loco, ASM - IR Coaches, MLW ELECTRIC LOCOS, MLW Coaches all have multiple files, when the parts are put together, will encompass 20 or more engines.

The great website http://www.indianrailsim.com/database/ is extremely helpful in most all cases, but not this one, since as you explain it is part of a payware scenario...AGAIN, NOT explained to the user in the non-existant Read-Me in the activity.

I have had a few hours of playing around with the new TSRE-5 and Consist Maker as well as Open Rails, and have found them useful for changing consists and tasks beyond. Just a matter what car to use as a replacement since there are hundreds of different Indian Rwy types in the Library.

Thank you for your explanation.
    Doug