Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SLI Green River activities which will not run

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Default SLI Green River activities which will not run

I have just reinstalled the above route,using a new download.(My saved copy on CD was "corrupted").I cannot get the following activities to run,even through Trainstore,despite no faults found by RouteRiter,Convoi,Conbuilder and Ged's "Activity Manager".I could not get them to run in the original route,that was the reason to reinstall.
    They are : "Potash Local","Out of storage",Running empty.

I suspect that whatever is stopping them running is the cause of the activity editor not working correctly.

Anyone able to run these ? Or shall I just dump them ?

Just loaded and ran all three activities through MSTS with no problems that I can see. I haven't tried them through OpenRails though.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by marcus1940 View Post
    Just loaded and ran all three activities through MSTS with no problems that I can see. I haven't tried them through OpenRails though.
    Mike
    I just ran out of storage and recived some weird marking on the track monitor where switches should be then none and I ran into a train on the same track right at the place your suppose to stop? I really don't think the activity is to stop in the middle of no where with a Coal train looking at you.

I loaded the three and ensured that they were running as normal but did not finish them completely. Ragtimer stated he could not get them to run which I took to mean he couldn't get them started so that is what I checked for.

I agree with you on the weird markings on track monitor with switches showing but none on the actual track.

[QUOTE=MsSheare;1968487]I just ran out of storage and recived some weird marking on the track monitor where switches should be then none and I ran into a train on the same track right at the place your suppose to stop? I really don't think the activity is to stop in the middle of no where with a Coal train looking at you.[/QUOT If running in Open Rails this behavior is atypical except if you went on "Manual" someplace. Try using the Multiplayer Dispatching feature{Control+9} to halt the offending train at the previous siding. If you are running in MSTS this behavior is somewhat more commonplace,especially if you are running not syncronized with the Activity"s scheduled meets. Try adjusting your "Players" speed to ensure that the AI can either get to or remain in a siding. Hope it helps. Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    I just ran out of storage and recived some weird marking on the track monitor where switches should be then none and I ran into a train on the same track right at the place your suppose to stop? I really don't think the activity is to stop in the middle of no where with a Coal train looking at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus1940 View Post
    I agree with you on the weird markings on track monitor with switches showing but none on the actual track.
    Not as much experience with MSTS as you two, but I've always read ( many times ) in the threads that these types of switches you see in some MSTS routes was to prevent couplers breaking in MSTS due to the long distances between nodes --- forces build up and the coupler breaks. I'm sure my explanation is generally correct, but could do with some details added.

To the OPs topic: Activities were designed for MSTS and do indeed work in them...they also all work in ORTS...suggest you carefully examine your activity files...perhaps, changes have been introduced that prohibit the activities from working properly. "Route ID" in act file is correct?
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

I will check the latter,but no error message is displayed.I believe that if the "Route ID" is not correct,an error message is displayed.All that happens is that after being loaded by Trainstore,the screen goes blank and then reverts to desktop.

Have zero experience with Trainstore...cannot help you there. There's got to be something in the threads. Surely with Trainstore being used these many years, someone else may have had a similar problem. Good luck.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Not a Trainstore problem.