Thread: Engine Sounds For AC4400CW?

Question Engine Sounds For AC4400CW?

Here's another request for more realistic sounds for the AC400CW locomotive.

The sounds from file mlwfdl16.zip (MLW_FDL16) are far too quiet, particularly at run 8, and is not grunty enough anyway.

The sounds from file mattfsounds.zip (MC_AC44V3) are sort of OK, but at run 8, the sound is severely distorted which sounds like screeching/hissing noise!?? Not really usable and not realistic.

So, any other source for more realistic engine sounds for the AC4400CW locomotive?

Sure. Just about any current payware company that makes dash9's or ac4400s. If that approach is suitable to the moldy oldie software fan caucus or the freeware file library manufactured revival caucus.

You should be able to make something of the sounds here:

https://trainsimulations.net/ORTS_starter_pack.html

I think those are more-or-less the GE sounds TS uses in their newest train sets.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

I am considering payware options, but we'll see.

Thanks for the Trainsimulations link! Problem is I'm on a very slow internet connection and the download of around 338 MB (I believe) would take around 17 hours!! I might download this file overnight (and then some) and see what happens from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SD40-2 View Post
    You should be able to make something of the sounds here:

https://trainsimulations.net/ORTS_starter_pack.html

I think those are more-or-less the GE sounds TS uses in their newest train sets.
    Thanks again!

The engine sound (particularly in run 8) are MUCH better than the samples I currently have!